Another D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearindabush

Reaction score
Yeah, I went and bought another one, this time it's an 86 2 door pathfinder with a sad Z24 in it, the body is in great shape and it has a recently recoed manual box! I already have a Terrano with a blown auto that I bought last year so it looks like I'll finally have the 2 door turbo diesel manual that has been at the top of the wish list since my 720 days unless I find a decent Z24 then I would have to keep it stock, :rock:
The Pathy will become my daily/wood/part time tow car for the Sons toys (Sierra and dirt bikes)
I'm now living in Deniliquin NSW. and most of my driving is on B and C designated roads in the Murray region. :rofl2:
I know the Z is gonna struggle as a tow car but this thing is in such good shape I'd really like to keep it as stock as possible.
So anyone with any knowledge of getting more grunt from the Z24 engine feel free to share :cheers!:
Pete
Look at them Wheels, 5 of emm with Cooper STs :big_smile:

Attachments

• mms_20170805_3.jpg
    mms_20170805_3.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 130

We had one 30 years ago, when I was still in the Navy, with a Petrol Motor and a "King Cab", This one is a single Cab with a D25 Diesel, original Motor, and still
burns no oil, even at a cold Start!

highway man!:deadhorse2:

Another little teaser, I've never seen rear window struts that still work.

Attachments

• pathy rear.jpg
    pathy rear.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
First crack at cleaning the wheels, start with the spare!
soap and water then oven cleaner! WOW What a difference :big_smile:

Attachments

• soap n water1.jpg
    soap n water1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 89
  • oven cleaner1.jpg
    oven cleaner1.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20170927_153750.jpg
    20170927_153750.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Deni, the ute capital of the world. Good to see another local here Bearindabush. Are you going to the Ute Muster this Friday/Saturday?

And another one

I just keep finding em. 86 N/A TD27 with no compression in 1 cylinder, This will become my daily when I swap in the turbo engine from the Terrano

Attachments

• tonka.jpg
    tonka.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Well, after talking to a few people about body swaps, it looks like I've re-kindled my old dream of putting a Nav cab onto a wagon chassis which I believe will be the best of both worlds, a reasonably capable work truck that is reasonably comfortable on these shit strips of bitumen referred to as roads. Now a lot of you might say why not buy something newer? Simply can't afford it. I've been a fan of Nissan utes since the 80s and tend to grab a bargain when I can so now I have enough bits and pieces to make it a reality. In the past I've always been hampered by having to pay for fabrication, I now have a mate, who, like me, will work for beer. :cheers!:
Let the Navranno begin! :rock::rock:

The Pathy will become the next project, looking for a decent Z24 or KA24 and keep it as stock as possible

Last edited:
Another little teaser, I've never seen rear window struts that still work.
Ha, that's a gem ! ;)

Love ya work man, it's good keeping the ol' ones going.. my intro into nissans was a d21 ka24e...

ummm by the way, your not wrecking any d22 zd30 are you? An ecm would be reeeeeal handy right about now..

Sooo mat black or army camo for the wood/bike tower? Go the camo lol it would suit it

Ha, that's a gem ! ;)

Love ya work man, it's good keeping the ol' ones going.. my intro into nissans was a d21 ka24e...

ummm by the way, your not wrecking any d22 zd30 are you? An ecm would be reeeeeal handy right about now..

Sooo mat black or army camo for the wood/bike tower? Go the camo lol it would suit it

Thanks mate, these old things never die if ya treat em good.
Nah I've only got TD27 stuff.
As for colour, I really like the "Medium Pewter/Thunder black" on the pathfinder but I have a thing for yellow trucks , my first 720 kingcab was yellow :rofl2:

Got dome work done yesterday;
interior stripped,
tray off,
bull bar and bumper off,

Attachments

• 20180515_152032.jpg
    20180515_152032.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180515_135455.jpg
    20180515_135455.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 45
Thanks mate, these old things never die if ya treat em good.
Nah I've only got TD27 stuff.
As for colour, I really like the "Medium Pewter/Thunder black" on the pathfinder but I have a thing for yellow trucks , my first 720 kingcab was yellow :rofl2:

Ha that's cool, i always wanted a yellow step sided ford ute.. be seen be safe they say ;)

Latest posts

Back