Transmission case drain plug size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJ22

Reaction score
Does anyone know the hex size for the transmission case on a 2012 D22, looks like a 11-12mm, Just thought id ask as i've seen individual socket at Bunnings that will do the job but don't fancy buying 3 to return 2!!

I did a search, (rather lazy one to be honest) but no go

Also, anyone know if the Transfer case and trans are the same size?

don't know why they didn't use the same squares as the Diffs to be honest.

Bit like Shimano changing all their reel screws to a mix of torx and allen heads just for the sake of being annoying t#ats.

Cheers

No idea on your model (mine is earlier model, square 1/2' breaker bar or ratchet goes straight in), though wouldn't it be an easy thing to measure? Simply measure to opposing flats with a vernier calliper (or simply a tape measure if you haven't got one)?

I think that "11mm" would be a very queer size, 12mm sounds about right. Same plug size on all plugs including diffs for my model, again I don't see them going to the trouble of using different sizes.

ps. thinking about it, I would say it is very likely to be 13mm. At least on the earlier model the 1/2' (or 12.7mm) drive fits so it would be a 13mm. Worth measuring to be sure though.

Hey mate, this may be a bit late, but anyway. I just had a spare minute to check mine, 2010 D22 and the Hex bolts for drain and fill on the transmission are 10mm Hex.

The transfer case is a 1/2" drive square as I'm sure you are aware anyway.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Guy’s

Yea found out it wasa 10mm hex, it would
have been much easier to use the same on everything, but there you go

cheers

Latest posts

Back