Short Radio Antenna - ST Series 7 Spanish build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T0ny

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Has anyone swapped their antenna for a shorter one? Since putting roof racks on mine, at highway speeds the antenna either hits the roof of the truck or the rack constantly and it quite annoying.

I have not ever looked closely at anyone else's antenna, but I suspect that this may be an aftermarket or replacement antenna as it is not screwed in all the way into the base, however it does not budge! I tried to undo it with some pliers and just stripped the paint off it. I need to get some multi grips onto it to undo the thing!

On another note, as mine is the series 7 with the sat nav, does the antenna need to be compatible with this to make it work?

Cheers.

For anyone interested, after investigating this is turns out that the previous owner had put a Thai antenna onto my Spain build D40, hence why it is moving around so much.

I now need to find a Spanish antenna!

After investigation?
Spain radio antenna is a stumpy thing in the middle of the roof just off windscreen
Thai radio antenna is a longer, skinny whip and is on the passenger side plastic between the bonnet and windscreen

Latest posts

Back