Sports bar LED brake light install.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mccnath

Reaction score
G'day guys , i have picked up a black sports bar off a new D40 st-x 550 and wanting to wire the LED brake light to my 08 st-x . Does anybody know the easiest / safest way of doing this ??

I would think you could just run a wire back from the tail light wire loom under the side gunnel of the tray, so its up out of the way and out of sight.

I installed a Hi Level brake light into my non Nissan sports bar and ran the lines from the trailer connector cable. That way I wasnt messing with the factory wiring. From there along the chassis rail to up behind the fuel filler cap. There is a small gap under the top rolled edge of the tub so you can virtually hide the wiring outa harms way.Make sure to use a waterproof type connector so if you ever want to take the bar off for whatever reason you can without having to cut anything

Keen to see this done, i wouldn't mind doing it myself. If only i knew which wires were which from the trailer connector. Im guessing a test light would tell me?

I actually pulled out the tail light and followed the wires down lol. I had it all apart for something else so it was easier then trying to meter it. Plus I had the wiring diagram for the trailer hitch connector .My Hi Level break light is actually from a F350 Supercab so it had white LED's for courtesy lights so I wired those to reverse. That was not so easy as the trailer connector doesnt have reverse so had to find the loop in the harness adaptor and connect to that.
4 years on and still working so must have got it right lol

Got it done today, just ran the wires back to the tail light loom where it connects into the back of the light. The wiring sits behind the left side of the tub liner out of sight.. All good so far.

Stx550 sports bar on ST - wiring

Hi guys, almost a decade later I bought the stx550 bar with the brake light . Now it came with a long harness and plugs that plugged perfectly into the rear left tail light.

Issue is I have an ARB tub liner and if I can avoid removing would be great , I can’t seem to find a way to bring the wire from the left side of the bar to the taillight. Running on inside of tub isn’t an option as at one point it will have to get into the body/rear tail light (no provision)...

Is there a drainage plug under the tub liner (I can’t see any indication of one under the tub...) is my only option going through the tub liner?

Thanks

Having just removed a Black sports bar from my NP300 and the brake light cable, the cable ran under the inside lip and down under the tank in the L/H corner where its bolted , Where there was a plug ,to connect mine .
but you could follow the chassis all the way to the rear wiring harness that runs across the back behind the bumper , there is a hole where you can excess the rear tail light ,

Having just removed a Black sports bar from my NP300 and the brake light cable, the cable ran under the inside lip and down under the tank in the L/H corner where its bolted , Where there was a plug ,to connect mine .
but you could follow the chassis all the way to the rear wiring harness that runs across the back behind the bumper , there is a hole where you can excess the rear tail light ,

Thanks Amber. I wonder if it’s be the same for the d40. I’m just waiting for the weather to cool down to start

Latest posts

Back