Cheap Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horatius

Misanthrope
Reaction score
Anyone used or have any good/bad reports on these? Reviews seem alright.

https://www.tyroola.com.au/double-s...MIxrOTh97R1wIVwiu9Ch2uWgH_EAYYASABEgJkdvD_BwE

Going to need 4 tyres soon. Also will need a couple of spares (going up a size, so spare will need replacing). That's 6 tyres. Not keen on shelling out for brand name aggressive tread at or mt's. Would cost an arm, a leg, and possibly some vital organs lol. Might give these a go.

Havent heard of them but have a look at comforser mts they look really good for a cheaper tyre

How about Sailun Terramax AT's from your local discount tyre dealer?

Around $160 each fitted.

Got them on mine & will replace them with same once needed.

Anyone used or have any good/bad reports on these? Reviews seem alright.

https://www.tyroola.com.au/double-s...MIxrOTh97R1wIVwiu9Ch2uWgH_EAYYASABEgJkdvD_BwE

Going to need 4 tyres soon. Also will need a couple of spares (going up a size, so spare will need replacing). That's 6 tyres. Not keen on shelling out for brand name aggressive tread at or mt's. Would cost an arm, a leg, and possibly some vital organs lol. Might give these a go.

The most recent review on those tyres suggests they were half worn after only 8000kms. :hmmmm2:

i would only use those muds for offroad stuff as the road tar would rip the rubber off quick., must be a very soft rubber compound used.

My 2 cents.

I bought some cheap highway tread tyres for my D22 (QD32 motor) and while they were ok when new after 5,000 kms in the wet they were terrible. I also had a set of cheap mud tyres and they were great for offroad only use.

So basically if I was wanting a safe good tyre for my family for everyday use I WOULD NOT buy cheap tyres.

i`ve got hankook all-terrains and luv them they are quiet on the highway, tyre joints regularly have buy 3 get 4 on these, they wear really well and get awesome milage, mine have only done 15000 (6000 towing a van) and look as good as new, they are great on dirt and gravel and i didn`t need the winch this wet deer season (((-; i and many others will tell you they are great (maybe better than BFGs?) i put 275/70/16 on and they look pretty smart too, good luck.

Just a thought

Cheap tyres made in china, vietnam etc are often produced with no regard for the environment and are made to the cheapest price at any cost

The conditions for workers are often atrocious

The big brands like BFG, Cooper, Mickey Thompson, Toyo, use recycled materials and have a sound environmental policy in place and obviously have to treat their workers well in USA and Japan

Here in Oz we often dont give a toss about this stuff but ultimately we are responsible for whats happening in china

^ Not only that, but I believe Chinese tyres are a minefield of knock-offs. Yes, there are actually some decent Chinese brand, but they all get knocked off so quality can be a minefield. They have no regard for trademarks or patents.
That said, many of the big manufacturers have tyres made in Vietnam or Thailand (makes sense since that's where the rubber is produced, plus cheap labour) but at least that is under supervision with proper quality control.

I do actually agree with Johney and the others though, Tyres are pretty important. I wouldnt risk cheap chinese shit unless it was for a burnout rig or sunday off road bashing. If safety or being stranded in the middle of nowhere was a concern, forget about. Maxxis and Hankook make excellent tyres at more realistic prices than BFG and Cooper.

really what would you expect in a tyre for that price.

Let me see; $160 a corner, fitted - tows a dual axle work trailer around the burbs Mon-Fri, often loaded to max towing capacity. Towed a camper trailer around Aust, including the Flinders Ranges, Lorella Springs & the Savannah Way. Recently towed a caravan to Arkaroola & did the tracks, still using them daily after 2+ years without so much as a flat. Got them on my wife's car too, which towed the caravan through the centre, including the Mac's, Binns Track, Ernest Giles Rd, Arltunga, N'dala, Plenty Hwy...................

Just a thought

Cheap tyres made in china, vietnam etc are often produced with no regard for the environment and are made to the cheapest price at any cost

The conditions for workers are often atrocious

The big brands like BFG, Cooper, Mickey Thompson, Toyo, use recycled materials and have a sound environmental policy in place and obviously have to treat their workers well in USA and Japan

Here in Oz we often dont give a toss about this stuff but ultimately we are responsible for whats happening in china

You're 100% correct of course & I'm guilty. Then again, we all are, aren't we? Everything we used to make here is now made offshore. So, all we have done is move our pollution to China, where, as you correctly say, there are no rules.

i don,t go for the cheapest tyres but also i don,t go for the most expensive tyre. middle of the range is ok for me and my favoured tyre to date is the Hankook dynapro ATR,s plus i do like there ATM,S as well. this tyre has great grip in wet / dry conditions plus you can expect 100k plus k,s providing you keep your wheel alignment good and pressures right at say 38 psi. road use. cost about $235 each.

i don,t go for the cheapest tyres but also i don,t go for the most expensive tyre. middle of the range is ok for me and my favoured tyre to date is the Hankook dynapro ATR,s plus i do like there ATM,S as well. this tyre has great grip in wet / dry conditions plus you can expect 100k plus k,s providing you keep your wheel alignment good and pressures right at say 38 psi. road use. cost about $235 each.

Totally agree, nearly clocked up 151000 on my Dynapro ATM's and only $223 a corner.
Mine are made in Korea but I think the new ones are made in China now.
Everything is built to a price or to compete, China will do all of these because they are good at it.
Next big country to be the biggest manufacturer will be India and not too far away either, just wait and see.

BFG and Coopers will soon follow, just a matter of time.

Bang on Tony. We used to talk about jap crap, then the Koreans copped it (and rightly so after the first Hyundai's). A lot of stuff out of China is rubbish, but some of my best gear is manufactured there too. What's after India I wonder? Eventually cheap labour runs out and we have to see everyone's work as equal I guess. Perhaps our manufacturing industry will recover then...

Latest posts

Back