Code P2457 egr cooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekka

Reaction score
Long story, just installed new Jonny Tig intercooler with all piping, unfortunately snapped small pipe on radiator under cap. Fitted second radiator and all seems to run ok. Except engine light comes on P2457, EGR cooling problem. Has been remapped 2 years ago and egr blocked. Could this be a air lock in egr cooler? Any other ides please.

I've never heard of this one before. If the EGR was blocked, and there's no hole in the EGR blanking plate, then the EGR routine should have been removed from the ECU.

I wonder if you could just try clearing the code and see if it comes back?

Tried clearing code several times but engine might kept. Coming back on. Finally drove about 10k with no light. Restarted light back on. Cleared code drove back home and light has not returned. No pending codes after 2 days.
Thanks

I have had p2457 on my 550 when I changed the coolant.I think its the egr cooling pump running out of prime.The pump is located at bottom lhs of radiator.There are 2 hoses that come up near the over flow tank and go to egr cooler and pump.I pulled them off an filled them with coolant cleared codes and they never came back.

Latest posts

Back