Nissan Navara D40 140KW Motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DieselSmart

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Check out a video we just did of a Nissan Navara

it made 152RWKW or 208 HP. It has standard exhaust. Just our module with Injector and Boost control only.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czoRqpSr1o4&feature=colike[/YT]

what do you mean? the only reason we show the engine bay is so you can see our module on there.

Also this was filmed by our franchise up in cairns, not by us and it's the first video they have done lol

thats alot of power...... chip torque got 121kw at the wheels and that was with a beaudesert exhaust.

have you had any dramas with the motor cutting off power for a split second on hard acceleration??

wow , my d22 2.5CRD made 76RWkW and with a DP chip on the highest setting made 82.9RWkW...std exhaust and no boost control, mine also on a Mainline and corrected SAEJ607

you guys must be running big boost levels with cool temps to acheive those numbers

what was your base run RWkW please ?

wow , my d22 2.5CRD made 76RWkW and with a DP chip on the highest setting made 82.9RWkW...std exhaust and no boost control, mine also on a Mainline and corrected SAEJ607

you guys must be running big boost levels with cool temps to acheive those numbers

what was your base run RWkW please ?

dont the D22's run a different head and turbo to the D40?? i mean would that not explain why those figures would be achievable with just a chip???

blue boy I think you're talking about you're torque in NM

This is the 140KW version of the D40 engine. the D22 has a different head and different turbo running much less boost.

This car was running 23PSI of boost standard. We made it up to about 27 in this power run.

This car was just shy of 500nm of torque.

This car made 117.9KW standard.

blue boy I think you're talking about you're torque in NM

This is the 140KW version of the D40 engine. the D22 has a different head and different turbo running much less boost.

This car was running 23PSI of boost standard. We made it up to about 27 in this power run.

This car was just shy of 500nm of torque.

This car made 117.9KW standard.

question
what gains would you expect to get with a d22 2.5
i am ready to purchase
tossing up between you and chipit
so far i favour your module
have you fitted one to a d22 2.5 yet?

Hey Sparra

here is a dyno sheet for a navara d22

314436_212828402118940_1423488444_n.jpg

very impressive
kit comes with boost control?
does it also come with egt ??
(i still have std exh ,fitting beaudesert 2.3/4 turbo back sometime in future)
and i noticed chipit are giving forum members a 10% discount ???
will you offer same discount to forum members
i recieved your quote via email yesterday
thanks
sparra

sorry.. yeah i meant nm... mines the 140kw version aswell and it only was 105kw standard at the wheels. 117.9kw standard.. could they vary that much standard or would different dyno's give different readings?

big difference between fly wheel figures and numbers at the wheels.

does it matter what gear their dyno'd in?

Blue Boy - I like how the graph shows RPM and not km/h, it's far more meaningful particularly for those with different tyre sizes, gearboxes (auto/manual).

I notice that your torque curve standard comes off its rise at about 2250rpm, that's about 300-odd rpm higher than standard. Did you do any other mods to the engine (not listed in your sig, I see the exhaust there)?

That's a cracking amount of torque for a 4-banger.

old tony,
nah mate no other mods except exhaust.
the module i got comes with a switch to swap between 2 different tunes. i got a power and highway tune.

interesting about the torque coming on later i didnt realise it was 300rpm out. The crap low down torque is the only reason i got the chip and exhaust. They didn't really help she just give's you a bigger kick in the ass when the boost turns up.

they reckon they get more power out of the auto.

Last edited:
Once again interesting base numbers for a 98kw engine and your DD dyno reads 89RWKW...somethings up wouldn't you say ?

Hi Mate

yes I agree.. I just went and checked it out.. this is the D40 128kw motor. that's why it started at 89rwkw.

I'm trying to find a rego of a d22 that we've done so I can bring it up on our dyno and print it out for you guys.

In other news we have another 140kw d40 on our dyno today so I'll show the results of that once it's done.

Latest posts

Back