Door stuck shut

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashy06

Reaction score
Hey guys got bit of a dilemma the rear drivers door stopped unlocking on outside which was ok as I just opened from inside but while I was away working the wife put child lock on so now the door won't open at all...
How the hell am I goin to open it now hahaha

Any help would be muchly appreciated

If you can take some of the internal stuff off the door you might get access to the handle or child lock. The problem will be how much you can get off while the door is shut. I remember someone explaining to me the steps in removing the inner door panel ages ago and there was so many steps to it that I lost track before I finished reading it and gave up the job as a bad idea.

Have you got the manual, even the old model manual should give you an idea of how the internal door panels etc come off and you might be able to look at that and decide what you can get access to with the door shut.

Once upon a time in on cars breaking the outside handle was an option but I doubt it's that easy these days.

i think you might have to sacrifice the door panel. the easiest thing to do might be pull the other rear door panel off to see how it comes off and what room, etc is in there. from there you will probably have to cut the other one from the inside in the right area to get to the release mechanism and open it...

if you can get the other one off easily and you reckon you can do the same with the stuck one, go for it... good luck

If you take the rear seat out could be good chance you will be able to get the trim off without damaging anything

Have a look at where the child lock is on the opposite door and then stick a screwdriver or bent bit of wire between the door and the cab from the inside and either push or pull the lever to release it.

I'm not sure you can get to the child lock from the outside (I can't remember where it is) and door rubber will probably be a stumbling point for the wire from the inside but door rubbers are probably the cheapest part around that area to replace.

If you can remove the door rubber some how it should give you enough room to use a piece of wire but that wire will need a hook on it I think because from memory the switch protrudes enough to just use flat wire.

With the rear seat up and out of the way you might be able to hold the rubber seals back with a paint scraper or something and slip a coathanger in to flick the child lock.

My guess with the external door handle is that either the wire's disengaged or it's stretched to the point where it cannot disengage any more.

What happened to the central locking? You don't have a garage and there's no vehicle detail in your sig so I can't tell if you're driving an RX or an STX.

Wouldn't matter if something has happened to the central locking it wont have an effect on the door if the outside handle is broken and the child lock is engaged.

Yep. Now that I think about it, that was a stupid thing to think of.

Imagine in a car park, you press the remote and the doors fly open - be a nice stunt to catch the pensioners trying to sidle past your car scraping the shit out of the doors with their walking frames and artificial hips.

Yeah but on the upside ejecting the kids when they misbehave in the back seat could help with discipline, or hospital visits.

Yeah I pulled the skin off other door couldn't figure a way to open it from inside of door so I think the only option is to get a bit of strapping or something an try and push child lock up :-(

Yeah the central locking stopped unlocking the door from outside once it was unlocked by opening from inside it worked fine.. Pitty the wife didn't think an locked the child lock haha

Thanks for all the options guys I guess my daughter just has to keep climbing in and out she loves it any ways more fun..

Can you get the skin off the locked door while it's shut?

With the skin off and a photo surely someone here can figure out a way to make the outside handle mechanism work. I haven't seen inside the Nav doors but they used to be fairly simple systems surely the actual handle mechanism hasn't changed that much.

A similar thing happened to my front passenger door after a very dusty trip over xmas.
I pulled the outside door handle back as if i was opening the door and sprayed heaps of crc in there and kept working the handle back and forth.
Opened after a while.

I did it I ended up getting it by getting thin bit of plastic and sliding it up to push the child lock lever up oh yeah thanks for all the ideas guys

I actually looked at my child lock today purely because of this thread. I was actually testing out some camera gear and taking odd shots from different angles and saw the childlock when the door was open and actually considered what I would do in the same situation.

I actually looked at my child lock today purely because of this thread. I was actually testing out some camera gear and taking odd shots from different angles and saw the childlock when the door was open and actually considered what I would do in the same situation.

gas axe:rofl2:

Latest posts

Back