Boost gauge needle shakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GGD22

Reaction score
Hi people, i have just installed a new saas boost gauge and noticed that the vaccum coming through the lines make the needle shake at idle, so i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they have fixed it or im going to have to live with it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah good old Chinese quality...

I don't know what type of connection you have for the boost line, but a common fix for the plastic tee piece ones was to heat it up and melt it, then stick a needle through it (the tee section that comes off the main line from the turbo to the wastegate).

Come to think if it, you could probably do the same thing with the end of the flexible tubing that feeds the gauge too. You can also buy a dampener, you'd probably have to google for that, not sure if you'd get one off the shelf in an auto shop or have to go to eBay...

Good luck

Howdy, I think I member someone saying a leaking valve can do that too... I'm sure I read a discussion on that here.. same prob and someone suggested valves...
Don't mean to stress ya...

What type of valve are you talking about, its a zd30 and put the t in between the boost sensor but im not sure where the valve is

it should not be vacuum.
you can get small filters that go in line on the gauge hose. this will smooth out the pulses to the gauge.

Hi people, i have just installed a new saas boost gauge and noticed that the vaccum coming through the lines make the needle shake at idle, so i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they have fixed it or im going to have to live with it.

Had saas gauges for years, best value gauge on the market IMO. I ended up throwing my US brand (but obviously not US made) boost gauge in the bin because it was a heap of crap and changed it for a saas.

It's more common for them to make a vibrating noise at revs, but I think the fix will be the same. As bods mentioned you probably need to make up a reducer. I used a bit of heat shrink small enough to just fit in the pipe (3mm or whatever it is) and heat one end with a pin or something similar to shrink around. Only needs to be about an inch or two long. Then take the hose off the back of the gauge. slide the shrink in, put hose back and you're done. Would probably work at the t piece if that's easier for you.

Latest posts

Back