Airbag light no horn or steering controls

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
Hi all suddenly i have an airbag light flashing red and no horn or steering controls. Its a 2014 navara 550 stx, it has been off the road getting a spring lift and 30mm body lift and a custom tray fitted so it hasn't been driven for 3 months and the battery when flat once in that period. Does anyone have any ideas. Cheers

As above.

Easy component to replace. In fact, I don't buy new ones any more, I have 3 good clock spring bodies and I just buy the ribbon and rebuild it. Have two complete spares ready to rock plus the one in the car.

If you look on eBay for them, have a real close look at the picture, you do NOT want one that has a big black "L" on the top, that means it's for left-hand-drive vehicles and the signal cancelling function will not work as expected.

Okay so when i put the new uca on i undid the steering shaft to take the bolt out when i did this the steering shaft spun a bit. I thought i put it back right but if i didn't would this cause the problem i have. Cheers

Yep. The clock spring is only designed to rotate a certain amount of turns each way from the centre position. The steering rack has stops built in to stop the steering wheel rotating too far. Obviously with the steering shaft disconnected there is nothing to stop the steering wheel turning too far in either direction, which will break the ribbon cable inside the clock spring.

Latest posts

Back