The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haf

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Received this E-Mail from Nissan this morning.......

Thanks for registering for information about the most powerful tradie - The Nissan Navara. And just when you thought it couldn't get any more powerful we bring you the new Navara ST-X 550.

It boasts a V6 turbo-diesel engine, producing 170kW of power and 550Nm of torque, making it the most powerful tradie in its class and the only one to have a V6 turbo-diesel engine for real pulling power. Plus with its 7-speed automatic transmission and Manual Mode, it's as smooth on the worksite as it is on the road.

If you want to be the first to see the power of the new Navara, head to Sydney for the 2010 International Motor Show from the 15 to 24 October.

For more information about the ground-breaking power and performance of the Navara ST-X 550, visit nissan.com.au/navara

Matthew Baily
Brand Manager Commercial Vehicles

I was unable to bring the photos across, it does look pretty much the same as the current D40 but it has a small 'V6' badge on the lower front corner of the front doors.

I was considering tossing the 4cyl in for the 6, but I'm fairly happy with the power and economy of the car that I have.

I didn't buy a diesel so I could drag Commodores. All I need to be able to do is tow my caravan and recover the occasional Hilux. So far, I'm happy with my vehicle's performance - enough so that I couldn't justify the additional expense of the V6.

A lotto win would change that, as you'd expect - but then there would be a lot of acquisitions I'd make "on a whim".

They say that it may be around the $61000 mark, according to the online gossip,, They look very much like the Titanium model and so far only have 3 available colours,, Black, Silver, and White,,, Carn,t wait for the inside Photo,s

You would reckon for the extra money you would want to see something like the ST-L Pathfinder interior. Leather trim, electic seat adjustment with memory, auto dimming rear view mirror, all that sort of stuff.

Not that it would make it better as a 4WD (Worse in fact) but you would want to see some nice trim for that kind of money for a ute..

Looked it up last night and they expect to be $59000.00 for the ST-X, and a whopping $79000.00 for the Pathfinder. Would be a nice engine to have, but man you pay for the privilege.

Just put one on order it will be the 6th one in Australia. I can't wait :big_smile:
I have no price details as yet but (60k should be close) and no delivery dates either but should know on Monday
Manual and Black
:rock:

I'm going to get in early.

PICS PICS We want PICS!!!!:sarcastic:

Guess we have to wait, :sad:

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of early reviews yet, so good on you for taking the plunge. I reckon it will be well worth it.

Arrrgh, bugger this thread!!!

Not so much for showing the the the V6 oiler is coming as that would always have been a tatts win job for me, but we have an R51 that we are just about to trade for a new one and we were looking at getting rid of my work car and personal D22 and take up a novated lease on a poverty pack R51, an ST-X Navara or an Xtrail, each with various advantages and problems. I wrote off the Xtrail from consideration as they do not have reach adjustable steering and I found the wheel too far away to be comfortable (In a car that I will spend about 600 hours a year driving!) I headed to the Nissan website after seeing this thread and noticed that since I knocked the Xtrail out of the picture (About three weeks ago) they have facelifted it.

Guess what, now it has reach adjustment and I could pick up a top spec diesel manual for thousands less than the R51 or D40..

grrr

Hi All, I wonder if they can come without those hideous roof racks, i'd rather have a nudge bar, would be better I'm thinking. I'll be chatting to the dealers guys soon i reckon, 2 more months to wait for delivery will be a pain though..

I'm going to get in early.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of early reviews yet, so good on you for taking the plunge. I reckon it will be well worth it.

Thanks.
The wait is going to be hard but a bit of saving till than might help with a few mods, if they have the yet ??
I have been toled that i will make the first shipment of them so hopfully i will be the first to give them a good test on and of road :big_smile:.

These r some photo,s from a google site,, if i uploaded them properly

Attachments

• 2011_nissan_navara_st_x_550_australia_04-4cb6aaaa1b7ee-615x350.jpg
    2011_nissan_navara_st_x_550_australia_04-4cb6aaaa1b7ee-615x350.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 706
  • 2011_nissan_navara_st_x_550_australia_08-4cb6aab180d9f-615x350.jpg
    2011_nissan_navara_st_x_550_australia_08-4cb6aab180d9f-615x350.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 414
QUOTE=raywise;57576]I'm going to get in early.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of early reviews yet, so good on you for taking the plunge. I reckon it will be well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Found this on nissan navara.net:

The clean diesel V6 you see above will supposedly find a home under the hood of the Nissan Maxima sometime in 2010. Back in April in 2007, Nissan announced it would offer an oilburner in the Maxima, but that was before the price of diesel spiked well above gasoline. That price increase, combined with the huge drop in car sales over the past 12 months, has caused most of the non-German automakers planning US market diesels to seriously reconsider or cancel there plans altogether. That's a shame, because if this engine is anywhere near is as good as some of the others we driven, Americans would probably love it.

The diesel V6 is a joint project between Nissan and Renault, with both companies contributing half of the development cost. It's got all the latest diesel goodies including a 23,000 psi common rail injection system, EGR and a particulate filter to eliminate soot. About three-quarters of the total production will be used by Nissan, largely for Euro market Infinitis like the FX and G series, while Renault will install most of its share in the new Laguna coupe. If the 235 hp/331 lb-ft diesel does make into the US Maxima, it will probably get EPA numbers in the range of 25/35 mpg city/highway

This will blow every other dual cab diesel out of the water!

Will be interesting what toyota has in store for the new hilux!!

Exciting times ahead. The diesel revolution is here.....soon! :rock:

Attachments

• 18700_hd_ren2008v6dci_-1280.jpg
    18700_hd_ren2008v6dci_-1280.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 18016_hd_ren2008v6dcie-1280.jpg
    18016_hd_ren2008v6dcie-1280.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 18017_hd_ren2008v6dcie-1280.jpg
    18017_hd_ren2008v6dcie-1280.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 260
I just double checked that power figure. Check that torque curve!! 450nm from 1250rpm and up to 175kw! Insane! Imagine it with a chip and exhaust! and piss that small intercooler off for a bigger one!

Damn I wish I could get that motor in the current GU Patrol.
Still pretty tempting, even though the D40 is too soft offroad for me.

Nissan mention in the E-Mail they sent me that the D40 is at the Sydney Motor Show, so if there is anyone going how about taking some pics and posting them up?

I was able to copy these photos from the E-Mail they sent me, they are small, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Attachments

• pics[1].jpg
    pics[1].jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 134
  • header[1].jpg
    header[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 151

Latest posts

Back