Led voltage gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys finally got my led voltage gauge in the poSt today.
I bought it too give me live/quick view at both my main and aux battery just as easy way to check that nothing is wrong with the battery's. And for when I get lights that the batteries havnt just fully been flogged from the spotties etc

Only question is should I use 10amp or speaker wire to hook them up and also how much current will the gauge draw when hooked directly to the batteries? Enough to worry or not really?
It's my daily so will get used a fair amount.

just use norml 12 volt auto wire and if your going direct from battery you could include an on / off switch so theres no power to the new gauge when your not in the car. otherwise wire direct to the ignition fuse box plug so the gauge only comes on when ignition is on. the digi gauges draw bugger all power.

As above.

Because the gauge doesn't draw a lot of power, even very thin wire will be satisfactory. You could even just draw from one of the feeds in the cabin under the dash, like the stereo feed - this will be close enough to battery voltage anyway, and has the dual advantage of coming on only when ignition is on, and not requiring you to poke anything through the firewall.

Hey guys thanks for the replys, i might just put in a switch in as i'll only be able to get the battery voltage for the main battery if i tap a ign or acc source.
ill post some photos of the final product tomorrow hopefully

The current draw may be low for a voltage gauge but there is still volt drop across any length of cable
Since you're trying to actively monitor tiny .1 of a volt increments from a super low voltage 12 volt system, you really want to use the biggest cable practicable, rather than just whatever

Latest posts

Back