Cam pos sen, info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been a while

Reaction score
Hi, i have done a search but can't find anything on the cam pos sen..can anyone direct me to a post or any info? Cheers

Cam position sensor is in the fuel pump (vp44) .It measures the timing advance for the start of injection.

Attachments

• cam position sensor.JPG
    cam position sensor.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Rum, i owe ya one!

Soooo it's looking more and more like the i.p danm it! @ 300'000ks I guess it had to happen...
So the d22 zd has a crank sensor but no cam sensor coming off the head or block? I was looking at all the small stuff first "as they say" !
I noticed my battery is only holding a 12.7 charge aftrer being on the multi charger for a few days, i hear these zd are rather sensitive regarding starting on a buggered battery.?
Also, the starter motors can do it! grrr. It was idling fine and started no problems "2 crank" when she stopped so I'm thinking not starter motor or battery- shame it's not that old, but they say if it's over three years old i should replace it?

I'm getting code 31 and 71 from the ecutalk scan. What would that say to you Rum?

It won't be a faulty cam position sensor in the fuel pump , what it's telling you with the 71 code is the voltage reading is incorrect. It's either a wiring problem or the ecu on the pump has failed. With 31 coming up to it could be the wiring , not something easy to fault find unfortunately.

I use ecutalk.

I'd try another battery to , ecu doesn't like less than 11volt. Check the ecu plug and grounding.

I'd try another battery to , ecu doesn't like less than 11volt. Check the ecu plug and grounding.

Yup, onto that today! Spent the last 4 days going page by page through the manual i have on disc..
Danmmm handy thing!
Once i worked out how to use it ;)
From what i have read, and i had another mate diagnose from the "manual" also -we both came up with ecu !

Was showing 31 and 71 codes for days now only showing 31 grrrr

Be nice if it's the ecu! Not so much if its the one on top of the I.P . "Not ready or in the best position for doing "fronts off on motor" job...oh mannn have you seen where the oil pump is on these things?, to do it properly it's a sump off job...aaand we all know what a lovely job it is to get to the sump eh

Regarding the battery, do you know what sort of volts the battery would read whilst being cranked over? Battery floats on 13.5 to .7v on charge, takes 14.6v when first on charge. Off charge and sat disconected for 24hrs sits on 12.7 to .8 ?? Was ideling when stopped so I'm thinking it's not battery nor starter motor.. buuuttt battery would be over 5yrs old and at least 50'000 ks down the road...
I'll keep ya' posted, cheers Rum

Nope no good... new battery cleaned earths and have a new code lol ffs 47 or 0407 crank pos sen...

Latest posts

Back