Rear 4 Link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the good news is that the roll cage has passed its inspection with only 2 minor things to fix so hopefully the paperwork will get sent off sometime this week. I now start the long process of prepping the car. 6 weeks to go

Well its been a few weeks since I have updated my build thread, mostly because I have been absolutely flat out prepping the car. The roll cage has been painted and seats/belts are all in. We have spent considerable time tidying up all of the wiring (3 - 4 days). I have modified the W2A intercooler as some of the pipes were fouling/rattling.

I put limit straps on all 4 corners and a rear tow point, I made an additional dash with the reverse camera and the boost gauges, the isolated is wired up and mounted.

We have 3 weeks to go until race weekend and we are starting to feel the pressure to have the car ready. Hopefully the logbook will be here in time

Im a few days from my first ever offroad race and the car is nearly fully race prepped. I have been very slack with my build thread lately but I have been spending so much time on the car I forget to update the forum.

Ill post my results when I get back

Well it has been a long time since I have updated this thread and a lot has happened in the last 2 months. We went to Three Springs with no expectations on how we would go. We got there late on Friday night and set up camp and had a few beers before bedtime. We woke up early on Saturday and took the car for scrutineering, we were knocked back the first time due to the rear panels being too loose so we went back to camp and tied them on with rope, straps and anything else we could find. We were given the green light and returned to camp, suited up and went and did our reconnaissance of the prologue track.

After lunch we managed to finish prologue in a time of 8:19. We started the first section at the back of the field. We had been having problems with the computer putting the car into limp mode intermittently so a quick restart fixed that. We were going good until the 30km mark where I stopped as we lost power to all of the gauges. After being unable to find the problem we pushed on and finished 1 lap in about 1hr40. I pulled into pits as the front of the car had developed a loud knocking noise.

Upon further inspection we found that the panhard rod bolt nut had come off and the bolt was jammed between the bracket and the heim. The rear panels were barely hanging on and the dust and brake lights were falling off. It was at this point I decided to call it a weekend as there were too many little issues to fix.

For our first race it was a good learning curve and we have since repaired the car and gone testing 2 Saturdays ago.

For testing we managed to clock up 62km worth of driving in a little over 2 hours. We have really improved the rear suspension by tuning the bypass shocks and we can actually do some decent speed through the ruff stuff now. However with any testing there is always issues - our intermittent gauge problem has been solved (loose spade terminal), we lost 1/2 of the exhaust from a big hit, the front hubs are leaking badly, we are having issues changing gears from 3rd > 4th, our rear fire extinguisher doesn't like to stay on.......

The big mod I'm working on atm is a new dash setup. I have moved a few things around so I can see the speedo and tacho now and the steering wheel is lower, improving my vision. We are aiming to be back out testing over the Christmas period. I will try and post some photos in the coming weeks

Dyl

Been knocking a few of the jobs off the list this weekend
Hopefully I have fixed my oil leak around the sump/oil drain
I made a new battery box to put the cranking battery behind the seat, this will help better distribute the weight front to rear

Until next time

Well its been a while between drinks on the truck. I decided to take some time off in December as I was struggling for motivation to put the dash back together, with work being extremely busy in the summer months I was often reluctant to work on the truck before work most day. One of the big issues we had during racing and testing is that the dash and gauge clusters were put together very quickly and it was very unorganised.

I have now redesigned the entire dash setup so that everything can be seen an accessed when we are strapped in. I have gone for the trophy design with the majority of the gauges on the navi's side, the switches are on my left.

The isolator, head unit and reverse camera are in the centre just below the gauges

I will try and post more pics when everything is installed and wired up

I haven't posted on here in a while as I have been flat out prepping the car for racing and then racing over the long weekend 3rd - 6th. We had a pretty successful weekend! Finished the entire race length and place second in class 8 (extreme 4WD)

Before we even left home there was a mad rush to get the fibreglass panels attached as our initial plan to get brackets laser cut fell through.

We had some electrical issues with the water pump for the water to air which limited our top speed to about 120km/h. We were seeing intake air temps of 260 - 280 pre intercooler and up to 140 deg post intercooler so the choice has been made to remove the compound turbo setup and go to a single Garrett GT2056v with aftermarket compressor and exhaust wheels which we will tune to 30 - 35psi. We are hoping for 180 - 230Hp with better than 18:1 AFR's

We are still having issues with the gearbox particularly going from 3rd to 4th and 3rd to 2nd however we will persist this season with this box and look to put an auto behind the YD25 in the offseason.

Our next race will either be the beginning of May or the beginning of June depending on how the repairs and money goes. Stay tuned for more updates.

Good, just waiting for my new turbo to be ready. Next race is Three Springs in September, 8 weeks to go

Very nice...i blew the bottom end out of my kingcab motor with 45++ psi boost...currently rebuilding in now..what turbo are you going for now?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GTurbo are building me a race spec turbo. Carnt say what internals it will have but it is based off the GT2056V. I've been playing around with an electric actuator and a boost controller so I hope to eventually run that

Very nice....ive also got a gturbo modded gt2055v ...loved it.....but i had some over boost issues and i popped a few mains cap bolts..

I wonder if yours will be built similar to mine? Mine comes on real hard and will make 45++ psi if you have a crappy boost controller like i did... but still doesnt spool untill around 1500-1700tho ...also has a tendency to surge if you baby it of the line..the last owner said that the surge can be tuned out.. unfortunately my bottom end didnt make it that far.

Latest posts

Back