Recommended companys for rebuild?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranvel

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

Made a $3500 mistake and bought a "low" km ZD from the wreckers sight unseen from SE qld, big mistake. no oil pressure and less power then the one I pulled out with over 400k on it. Of course the wreckers are just scum and say tough shit. warranty means nothing...PM me if you want the name.

I want to get the original rebuilt but am not sure who to use for a rebuild. Does anyone have any first hand experience with having this done? I would rather pay a bit more and get another 3 or 400 000 out of it then a rattle gun special that lasts for 20k and blows.

Anywhere on the east coast, even down to Melbourne is on the cards to get it done properly. Have heard of 2 possible leads, Lewis engine and North vic engines.

Cheers and happy new year!

How many kms on yours mate? Maybe just new injectors and rebuilt pump would fix it up. Still expensive but much cheaper than total rebuild. Pump would still need to be done for a fresh engine anyway no doubt

Ahh, re-reading it yours had 400km on it no?

Yeah mate over 400, It is still running fine but was just starting to blow a little bit of water out of the recovery bottle in the heat pulling the car trailer. Never got hot even up the range though so I'm thinking a crack between the exhaust and water jacket. If I was going to replace the head then I might as well do everything.

Cheers.

Right, well I dunno what might cause the low oil pressure but if you get hold of a consult scan tool you can check the injection pump condition. If the new motor is low kms the pump on that may be in good shape

Right, well I dunno what might cause the low oil pressure but if you get hold of a consult scan tool you can check the injection pump condition. If the new motor is low kms the pump on that may be in good shape

Given the bullshit from the wreckers I would say the motor only had "low" 800 000k on it given how it runs...would never know really...even the video of it running could have been a different one. live and learn!

Was seriously considering a ZD from MAG engines in UAE. Even with the dollar as it is its still only $2800 for a rebuilt motor delivered (plus customs). Could be of dubious quality but so is every rattle gun special advertised for at least 5k in Australia and its still near half the price.

Cheers

Who were the wreckers mate?

Like I said mate,rather PM, not keen on getting sued for slagging them off by name

Whipped my original head off yesterday, cracks through every glow plug hole but no blown head gasket (That I can make out) bores still excellent with the cross hatch still visible and no water marking. looks good for over 400k. internals of engine look nice and clean with no sludge bar the shit in the EGR tubes which I never cleaned after i blocked it

I reckon ill get a new head, new chain and maybe a ring set and whack it all back together and see how it goes, really only need it locally now for pump installs as I bought another daily driver after the drama with this boat anchor in it.

Cheers!

Like I said mate,rather PM, not keen on getting sued for slagging them off by name

Please PM me the name but if it's true that you lost $3500 i'd be naming and shaming them. How can they legitimately sue for a bad review where the consumer lost out with a decent sum of money.

I'd be shaming them publically and be on the hunt for my money back

Please PM me the name but if it's true that you lost $3500 i'd be naming and shaming them. How can they legitimately sue for a bad review where the consumer lost out with a decent sum of money.

I'd be shaming them publically and be on the hunt for my money back

Dont worry I tried, consumer affairs are as weak as piss as well. Basically in the end the wreckers said to me, "we will get our "mechanic" too look at it and if he says its fine then its at your cost" this is at the wreckers I might add, yeah nah I dont think so. I offered to send it back at my expense for a refund and got told they dont do refunds and it ran fine...how would you know it ran fine after they told me it had been in an accident and the radiator had been busted.

by the time I pay the freight back there im out another 400 bucks and they are likely to just say get rooted unless you pay us 1000 bucks for looking at it were keeping it.

Dishonest bastards.

Anyway stupid me for buying something like that 1600km away without looking

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back