Electronic Brakeforce Distribution

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2008 Navara D40 rx 4X4 with the 2.5 diesel motor, Can someone tell me if it is equiped with the EBD? I have read the owners manual & cannot find it. Also apart from bagging up the rear wheels how can I tell if the vehilce is fitted with LSD, is there a tag on the diff housing or a code somewhere. Thanks Rob

EBD? Nah I don't think so mate, 9/10 most late model 4x4's are LSD equipped as far as I know.. Don't quote me on that but I don't think I'd be far off..

EBD? Nah I don't think so mate, 9/10 most late model 4x4's are LSD equipped as far as I know.. Don't quote me on that but I don't think I'd be far off..

Just had a look on Red Book states that my model has EBD but no mention of LSD. Everything else mentioned is my vehicle to a T. Thanks for the reply. Rob

It's entirely likely that Redbook has made a mistake there. My 2009 STX doesn't have EBD, it does have ABS. Rear diff is LS, front is open (and weak as piss, don't lift a wheel in 4WD with your foot on throttle).

EBD was not considered necessary for a tradie's ute back then. Even in 2009 for mine which was then the "top of the range" they couldn't even scratch together a pair of friggin' disc brakes for the rear, I've got shitty drums. Try loading up with tools and stuff and reversing down a hill some time.

With Mishitibus leading the way in the ANCAP rating war, Nissan are lifting their game and putting in stability control, more airbags etc etc. You might find EBD in a 2012/13 model, but I doubt it's in anything much earlier unless it came from Europe, where the 2009 STX even had climate control. Too much bells and whistles for us stupid Australians who don't know what a Celsius scale is, so they never gave it to us.

Oh, and the pisser about the stability control: when you NEED to turn it off, it doesn't turn all the way off. Ask a 550 owner that's taken theirs bush, it's not perfect.

the VDC (Stability control which may be different to the 550) in my new D40 turns off when i press the botton and also turns off automatically when LOW RANGE is selected. I know for sure as i did a little testing when i was on Fraser over new years

The one Nissan loaned us for the muster didn't. Turning it off only dampened its effect. Obviously it's a shortcoming they've attended to - but there'll still be a few of those models on the road.

The one Nissan loaned us for the muster didn't. Turning it off only dampened its effect. Obviously it's a shortcoming they've attended to - but there'll still be a few of those models on the road.

Does the 550 have both "Traction control" and "stability"control (VDC) or just VDC??
If it does have both, then that may explain the difference :dontknow:

Don't know about the 550 but my new STX has the VDC which can be turned off, but it has the electronic brake controlled LSD which can't be turned off

Yeah it is the V6 STX, but its not the "STX 550", it the luxury model now. Who want bloody leather interior anyway. Same motor n gearbox.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back