Brand new 2inch efs lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys I thought I would start a thread on my new suspension. Give a few reasons why I changed and let you know if I found anything particularly hard to change etc and also the I provements or if non then I'll say the cons too

Please note I did try various other thing first to try see if it was a simply fix or not

So to start off I decided it was time to change from stock after a few long journeys around 700km each way and I noticed that every time I hit a pot hole or any uneven surface It felt like by p stops where smashing onto the foot well.
Second reason was when ever I cornered to hard or braked the front end would tend to skip and on one occasion caused me to bounce half a car width across the he road when I hit uneven surface on a 80km corner
4wd in also wasn't to comfortable bouncing every where etc
So that is just a few reason why I decided to swap the stock suspension out.

So after alot of forums and many fb posts later I finally decided to go for efs mainly due to customer service and I like the look of there gear aswell.

So I ordered brand new shocks, leafs, bushes, Torsions, shackles and u bolts.

The torsions don't arrive for another 3 weeks but the rest all arrived today.

First impressions was holy shit this is alot bigger then stock how is it going to fit in.
I was highly Im pressed with the finish and the general look of the shocks didn't look the cheap shitty aftermarket parts looked like genuine quality which I was pretty happy with

Over the next few days when I have spare time I'll put everything in except for the torsions for obvious reason and I'll update you on the hieght difference and ride quality

Any questions are welcome !
Cheers Ben

sounds like you have some good susspension gear to fit there. i am also considering to upgrade my stock susspension as the ride is starting to enouy me with bad bumps and rolling turns, i might start with top quality shockies first and go rear springs then front bars but only up to a 2 inch lift will do me.
let us know how all goes and post some pics of your gear.

Sounds good. The only thing to watch, if the new front shockies are fatter than the factory ones is them hitting the uca's on full downward travel. You can trim the inside of the control arm to clear it and it has been done plenty of times before. Plenty of mention of it on this forum too.

Also, when you fit the rear springs, if yours has a solid metal block at the front end of the rear spring, I'd recommend cutting this out while you have the old springs out and before fitting the new ones. I didn't when I changed my rear springs and couldn't work out what the weird metal scraping noise I had for ages was. Turns out it was the front of the new spring pack rubbing on that metal block. From looking at it, I'd say they are there to stop rocks or something smashing the front of the spring when offroading, but depending on what springs you have they rub. I put heavy duty raw springs in mine, 7 leaf from memory.

Apart from that, nothing to it really. I didn't change torsion bars on mine, just replacing the front shockies and winding the bars up so I have roughly 10mm clearance from the upper bump stop has given it a heaps better ride.

Hey Bods, i have a feeling i'll be trimming the uca the difference in size is quite obvious. so ill make sure to double check the clearance!
I don't quite get what you mean atm with the rear springs ill probably have a better understanding once i start stripping it all out any chance of a rough photo of what you mean
Cheers

I'd like to, but I'm about 1600km away from mine at the moment haha. You will see what I mean, if it has them, they will be a big solid round metal piece at the front of the spring mount, welded inside the mount where the pin goes through.

Hey yeaj! Thw front shocks were a 8 inch lift and if I was to mount them they would be upside down...
So definitely the wrong shocks!
They were very fast and sent a new pair this morning so pretty happy with that.

Well I wait for the new shocks to arrive I decided to put the bushes in the leafs so it's quicker after work just to throw it all in.
Turns out putting a new bush in (front)
Is alot harder then I thought as it had a steel spacer running threw the center of the two bushes.
After a few miserable attempts i realized i had no where near enough grease and a change in tecchnique, finally got it to work.

Last edited:
The deed is finally done !
It took a good part of 4 hours to do along with alot of learning.

First hour didn't go smoothly at all...
Front shock was scrapping on the uca and I thought it would be a good idea to use a file instead of a grinder....

So I moved onto the rear my mate helped me and we used a hiblift jack to lift the rear end. We kept the rear on the ground to keep the axle straight and not to move.
Getting everything out wad pretty easy and for the most part getting it on was to bad either.
We put the rear shackle on first then used a bottle jack between the rear bumper and the leafs to push them forward to allign the front axis pin.
The shock took awhile maybe 30minutes just to get one. How ever that was one side done.
One the other side we change it up.
We put the front axis pit in first and then the rear shackle just slipped in.
We put the shock above on the mounting bracket first then forced it up put the u bolts in this saved us alot of time.
Afterwards we went back to the front and in 3minutes had grind the bit of Steel needed and painted the uca
Installing the new shock wasn't to bad at all and the left side went just as quick

I gained exactly 50mm of hieght in the rear and havnt done thw torsions yet to suit.

The ride...
The ride is instantly better, the bullbar no longer had a death woe and going over bumps is just Rolls over now instead of sacking out
All in all it was a great learning curve and the ride is worth the time and money.
Still have to trial it off road and will give am update along with pictures soon

Good stuff. The torsions will probably take the same amount of time on their own. That's partly why I didn't change mine. Just a shockie and rear spring change helped heaps. How many km on yours out of interest? I changed my rear springs at about 70k km, 2010 model for the heavy duty ones and even with a canopy, home made drawer setup with fridge and long range tank I still got at least 4" lift at the back... Drives heaps better too.

Last edited:
Torsions dont take that long.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back