2006 D22 ZD30 OBD scan tool?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone, so went into a 4wdsupacentre to buy an eds obd scanner and the guy told me it won’t work for my car. anyone know anything about this? what scan tool will definitely work with my car? car decides to throw random engine lights every now and then and want to get to the bottom of it. all help appreciated. cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just had a google and found out scanners only work on 2008+ d22 models, any reason why the obd port in my car wouldn’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep cause Nissan decided to use a different communication setup in the older models. I believe Nissan data scan does (or used to) work, but I'm not sure if you can get adaptors to suit the obd port anymore.

You can bridge pins in the obd port and the engine light will flash to give you the codes. From memory there is an LCD control panel looking unit called ecutalk that works, which shows engine data as well as fault codes. Thus just plugs into the obd port...

Use the search function here and read the procedure used to do it without an OBD tool. There are both the older ZD30 and newer YD25 models are on here.

as mentioned above.
zd30 uses nissan consult system not OBD. however there is some scanners around that do read it. have to be careful because some code reader will give incorrect codes, or their own codes instead of nissans or the petrol engine version of the codes.
for error codes just reading the flashes off the engine light works well enough. that gives you nissan codes which are listed in the manual.

http://www.nissandatascan.com/

Check this website, look under ndsi1 and the adaptor link. I bought the one from stahlcar, though they have stopped advertising them from time to time. You can try emailing them. It does allow you to see a lot more ECU info than just fault codes. The ECU talk program is more comprehensive than the Android app I believe

https://www.ecutalk.com.au/interface.aspx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back