Snugtop Canopy Door Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bm0

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone else with a Snugtop Canopy have dramas with the doors opening?

I have an 08 with a canopy that I assume was fitted by Nissan at delivery (I am the second owner)

I am finding that the back door will randomly open whilst I am driving.

I have tried adjusting the catches so that it opens and latches properly, but it just keeps happening.

My local Nissan dealer is not interested (they don't do the snugtop canopies, they do the ARB ones. I had to convince them that this was supplied by Nissan)

Any ideas?

Brad

It's a similar latching mechanism to a car door. It needs to be pushed home enough to catch and should click when it does. If not, the 'D' loop is probably not far enough out for the mechanism to catch it.

If the loop is being engaged by the latch properly, maybe the latch has worn to the point where it can't lock down any more?

Thanks Tony, I think you are right on both counts.

The D does not appear to be far enough out, however I cant see how I can adjust that it almost appears as if the brackets have bent in a bit over time (its only the back door.. so possibly through rough treatment.

The plastic tubing on the D also seems to be quite worn, I suppose this could stop the latch 'holding on'?

I don't suppose you have any ideas on where parts could be acquired for these canopies?

I don't suppose you have any ideas on where parts could be acquired for these canopies?

yeh mate nissan dealers can get the parts, they are sold as a genuine accessory:sarcastic: go to another dealer. mine worn,i trimmed a bit off the plastic and turned it

So you where able to just cut the plastic 'sleeve' thing and turn it around so that the worn bit was no longer in use.. is that what you mean.

I might give that a crack.. if that does not work I will have to find a dealer in perth that actually sells the Snugtop Canopies. I see plenty on new Navs driving around.. so someone must sell them....

thanks guys.

B

They are "genuine" Nissan canopies - or better worded, they are the canopy that your Nissan Australia dealer chooses to put on when you ask them for a canopy.

Parts would be suffering from the expected inflated prices.

The side windows' D loops turn inwards if you tighten the canopy holding clamps too much. I don't think the rear window suffers from that.

Latest posts

Back