which tyres???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I thought I would post an update to how the SRL's are going...... And we'll there not, sort of. A few months ago they started to cause the steering wheel and cab to shake at speeds of 80-110kms so after hours of balancing rotating and alignments etc to no avail of over the passed few weeks I ended up having a meeting with the Continental rep today and it appears that they are wearing badly due to feathering "heel and toe" anyway I have done just shy of 50k on them and only worn 5mm of tread and that's even wear too so as far a milage they have been awesome and if I didn't have the shaking/ vibrating issue I would probably get 100k or more. Any way looks like I will be replacing them under warranty, sort of 25% credit back is all they will give me so I'm Pretty bummed as I loved those tyres. Now I'm back to square 1 in regards to what tyres to go for. The rep is trying to get me onto the grabber at2's. Keen to here anyone how has had good or bad feed back on them.

Cheers Justo

Mate I have the Hankook Dynapro AT-M's on mine. They are the most underrated tyre.
Just about to clock up 110 000kms on them and they still have 5mm tread on them.
When they start to feather on the front edges, I just rotate front to back and all is good.

Very very highly recommend them.
Have a look at my build thread or http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=32601 thread

He said, she said, ford or Holden, I,m on my second set of cooper s/t maxx,s. I got 83,000 out of my last set, knowing where I live and the Roads I drive on, I,m very happy with those km,s. Backing onto a state forest I,m in and out of the bush, a lot of gravel roads plus single lane asphalt rds. All these things mean my tyres cop a hard life. So I,m impressed with my coopers, better than the 40 thou I used to get on my Goodyear wranglers

Ok guys, had the new tyres put on today. I had to pick from the continental or General range to get the 25% credit off the new ones so I ended up with the grabber at2. Ended up with a pretty good deal with everything being coincided and I have to say the boys at Bob Jane were very accommodating. I loved the look of the SRL's but the drive home after the new ones went on I gotta say I am a happy camper at this stage and it was sooo damn quiet and smooth:rock:

Cheers Justo

I'd better update on my tyres too! My Yokohamas are nearing end-of-life now, getting a tad close to the wear markers but still gripping the road well wet or dry.

They're nearing 70,000km on the road. That's 70km travelled per dollar invested with superior grip to the BFGs.

The BFGs saw 80,000km for $1440 which equates to about 55km per dollar.

I'm ordering another set of Yokies.

Yokohama ats

Just out of curiosity, were your yokos made in Japan or Thailand?
I had a bit of a run of punctures on a set of Thai Yoko Ats.
Suspect it may have had something to do with the local roads getting a layer of cheap sharp rock on it last summer.
I'd like to keep the faith in yokos coz I do like them as a brand.
Just seem to have had better luck on the dirt roads of SA with BFG and Toyo.

Mine have a DOT of "473F" and a "Made in Thailand" stamp as well (the code 47 confirms a Thai production).

There's been no chipping, cracking, splitting or other signs of poor tyre performance. Road conditions vary from decent highway (both bitumen and concrete) to jagged rock-in-dirt forest trails, traversing both while towing as well.

how,s 90k plus for the hankook dynapro atr,s at approx $900 a set. actually Jaxs tires quoted me $230 per tire fitted and balanced.

Cheers old Tony
The Yoko Ats were an absolute bargain I've still got a set of 275 70 16s Yoko Ats on an older Mazda dualcab and it sticks to the road like a wrx 😁

I will update this thread when I have done some miles on them but first impressions these AT2's are a breath of fresh air compared to what I was driving on and since putting them on I have herd some stories about how good these really are compared to the likes of cooper and bfg's and people that have had them on before swear by them. I guess only time will tell.

Cheers Justo

Strongly recommend General Grabber tyres had a set of a/t that done 80000 and now got a/t 2s good on road and off no noise $940 set balanced fitted and front end alignment at Jax Tyres

Latest posts

Back