D22 Dash lights hard to see

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pats

Reaction score
Folks need light direction.

The 2004 D22 (Std one) has pretty piss poor dash lights, read that LED's aren't much good as a fix, what have most done swapped the dash out to the ST-R or mucked around with the dash, I'm finding it's getting more difficult to see the speedo at night, clock no chance, etc etc..

any Ideas would be great

Pat S

Im guessing the standard globes have silvered, rendering them piss-weak.
My 04 has the same problem, but was good when it was new. Its not so bad that you cant see the speedo at night though! Just cant tell its backlit in anything other than full dark.
Ive got to get around to replacing the bulbs, speaking of which, is there a thread on here about doing this? How much of the dash has to come out? Im a lazy bugger and havn't looked!
Speaking of leds being no good, its usually because people get the wrong ones. You need something that gives off a diffused light like a bulb, rather than the "cone" of light that is typical of an led.Which iv found out stuffing around with my other car.
You want the "inverted" ones like these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-T10...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed5b169c9
Alternatively you can use a big drill bit to "invert" non inverted ones of the same design.

Last edited:
Thanks folks.
Looks like I might investigate the LED's again, and the pics would help myself as well.

Thanks for that, look forward to seeing something again !!

Pat

Ive just been through the drama of trying to fix these dash lights myself

Could not source 3w T5 or T6.5 standard type globes anywhere. The 1.6w i got were just as dull as the silvered originals.*

After a few ebay duds i finally came across these T5 SMD, triple units. What a difference. Had to pry the globe holder tangs out a little to get a tight fit on the T5s. And i had to take one back out and reverse it as these seem to only work one way.

I dunno how to load pics up here sorry. I can email or message anyone before and after pics.*

Look at this on eBay*http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282556050692

Its a white/blue final light color. Came up great. Highly recommend

I just uploaded a pic to my photos. No idea how to find them and for the life of me i could not retrieve the link handle to add it here. Someone with better skills might be able to link it. Also uploaded a pic of my nav. Upside down for some reason. The photo isnt upside down on my phone haha.

I can email or text anyone pics if you PM me

Ok, to post a pic.
you need to go to Advanced button at bottom of reply box.
See all the little boxes above the now larger reply box.
Copy the link on the pic and paste it on the symbol that looks like a chain link.
If you hover the mouse over the symbol it will say Insert Link.
Paste the link in the new pop up box and press OK.
The link is then copied to your reply.
Submit.

You can use this feature with links to websites as well.

There we go. Linked.
Gives a good idea. Keep in mind the phone camera brightens everything up. The light on the right is very dull silvered globes. The new smd leds are just right in my opinion. Not too bright. Yet nice and visible

Latest posts

Back