OBD data info wanted known

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
Good morning folk...
Some questions for anyone with OBD (On Board Diagnostic) knowledge.
With reference to a 2012 D40, 2.5l Diesel, auto trans.
What is the typical turbo boost pressure range?
What is the typical grams/seconds MAF data?
What is the typical range for fuel rail pressures?

Metric or Imperial figures are fine.

Much appreciated.
Paul
Brisbane

Hi Paul,

I don't think turbo boost range varied much despite the change from vacuum to electronic actuation. Peak boost should still be around 20psi. I have mine adjusted to peak at 18.6psi, although with a hammering it will still hit 21psi.

MAFS will vary based on boost and engine RPM of course, mine goes up around 160gm/sec and not much higher. I will pay attention to this tomorrow when I take my car out (I've been biking it for a bit).

Fuel rail pressure should sit around 4500psi at idle (maybe 4400psi) and peak around 22,000psi (I've seen mine smack 24,000psi a couple of times). The V9X should go a little higher, it's fuel pump is rated at 1800BAR where the YD25 is rated at 1700BAR).

Does that help a little?

Thank you Tony....exactly the type of info I was seeking....
A couple more mate...can you tell me where the air intake temperature sensor is located and would that temp be affected by the fitting of a snorkel?
What would you consider 'normal' coolant operating temp would be?....by this I mean starting from cold....70 - 80 Celsius? and finally; AT temp would be good to know but I suspect this is only a notification (idiot light) when a pre-set temp is reached...to know the actual temp would require a separate gauge to be installed?
Regards,
Paul

On my model the AT temp is only known to the TCM. In the 2012 model it might be available to the ECU, PID might be 2182 but I can't be certain on that.

The intake air temperature sensor is integrated in the MAFS which is in the hard air tube just out of the air filter box. The temperatures are definitely affected by fitting a snorkel, above about 80km/h your engine breathes enough to avoid heat soak in the air entering the turbocharger.

Normal coolant temperature is in the low 90s. The viscous hub isn't supposed to engage until mid-90s and disengages at 91C. Temps should be maintained above 85C which is the usual point where the thermostat fully opens. On my car, normal driving sees coolant at around 93-94C, climb a hill it will go to 96-97C. If I'm towing, it'll be 96 on flat ground and will happily climb over 100C if I let it when climbing a hill. It's safe enough to let the car hit 105C which is the ECU's point where it will activate the electric fan, but I have an alert set at 104C so that my engine never gets a chance to get "too hot".

I use the Android app 'Torque' to monitor the car's performance and the coolant temp sits top-right (closes to my eyes) so I can keep an eye on it.

Thank you Tony...I have been delving into what is available in OBD for some time....I have tried just about every OBD App available, I brought a 'better quality' OBD device, junking the $10 version I was using...I found Torque to be good but I have settled on Car Scanner Pro but only because I find it is easier to read, the ability to make the digits huge...I have an old Android mobile permanently mounted and I have it showing coolant temp and alternator performance constantly, like Torque, Car Scanner emits audible warnings if anything is outside of pre-set parameters on any of the PID's available...I'll check to see if PID 2182 works for me.
Regards,
Paul.

G'day Tony, I really appreciate the OBD information you have given me...I wonder if I can now risk stretching the friendship with another request.
Would you happen to have a listing of all of all the OBD PID's that actually work on your Navara?....I know that as our vehicles are not identical there will be some that do and do not work....as you know 'Torque' and other OBD apps like it have many, many PID's available many of which don't work.
Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul, the last time I used the torque app and messed around adding new gauges I realized that all the working sensors are displayed as a highlighted colour. Say green, so if intake air temp was listed in the long line and happened to be green, the app would allow me to display that working gauge. As for the list of everything that can be displayed - sorry, maybe another day

I don't have the list, as Manning says I just rely on the green highlighted ones in my Torque app. This app does have a PID scanner which should list all of the PIDs, which I will try to take a look at when I'm next in the car (Sunday). It's a bike day tomorrow.

Ok thanks fella's...as mentioned I have found the Car Scanner app good as you have great control over the dashboard gauges appearance..you can really make them stand out for visibility.....and I have since found OBD Fusion....the Pro version ($4.99 I think) has amazing display options with almost endless gauge manipulation abilities...I'll go back to Torque and generate a listing of the 'green' sensors.
Paul.

Latest posts

Back