Swapping fitout from 2006 to 2018 model

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks for forums like this and the members that make them work. Bloody useful.

Have a 2006 D40 ute 4.0l petrol that has melted its dpf and killed its radiator and head gasket.

so... either find a replacement like for like engine (if anyone has one with not too many kms they are wanting to sell pls let me know at [email protected])

OR

buy a new one and try and cannibalise the old one for parts. old one is fully pimped out re canopy, brand new bull bar and spotties and light bar (thanks to a roo...), long range tank, side steps, reversing camera, etc etc etc. in fact almost new condition other than the bloody engine...

anyone have any ideas how I go about figuring out whether I can cannibalise some or all of the old navara before sell it to the wreckers re dimensions / sizes etc?

thanks v much for help

Matt

The chassis and tub are different, so the larger gear is gone - bullbar, canopy. The long range tank probably won't go underneath the same because the suspension was also redesigned.

eBay has a few options for you, I found this one but there are others (I can't vouch for their mileage, I just did a search for "d40 petrol engine").

Good luck :) if it was mine, I'd replace the motor, but I'd pull the motor down while it was out of the car and make sure it's 100% inside. Of course, you could just pop the spark plugs out and use an inspection cam these days!

Latest posts

Back