No aftermarket snorkels for D22 dual battery model

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spudman

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know of aftermarket snorkels for the dual battery models, they’re all around $450 plus, yet you can get cheaper ones for the single battery model, from $75 to $250.

Thanks

Ivan

Airtec who make the factory Nissan one do one from memory. Not sure what they cost though. From memory you can get the intake pipe that the factory dual battery snorkel comes with on its own, but I can't remember what they want for them either.

Pretty sure I paid about $460 for my genuine Nissan one off eBay a good 2 or 3 years ago, so if they're still the same price I don't really know if that's a good or a bad thing. Could always try a wrecker? Even just for the pipe that goes behind the battery.

Thanks mate

I’ve owned a few 4wd’s over the years and never paid anywhere near what they’re asking for the dual battery ones.

I’m seriously thinking about buying one of the $80 ones and making up a pipe to get it to fit.

From memory someone on here went through the inner guard in line with where the snorkel comes through the outer guard and used a silicon hose on the triangle shaped inlet to the airbox. There's no reason that wouldn't work. A while ago I had a look at a Donaldson catalogue to see if they had a similar sized airbox with round inlets and outlets in a similar pattern to the stock one so I could do that. From memory they didn't have anything that looked suitable with the amount of space in there. Let us know how you go anyway if you can come up with something.

No worries mate will do.
There is a post currently running on Facebook a bloke is asking if anyone has modified the air box, it went on this morning and to date no responses.

I’ll pull the inner guard off this weekend and have a good look around.

Hey i bought a sherpa 4x4 snorkel for 450 last year. and i'm not sure what the difference between the single and dual battery snorkels are but i already had the plastic pipe that goes behind the battery and into the guard and if that thing is the reason i had to pay 450 over 200 i would be pretty pissed.
if i had planned further ahead, i would have got a custom stainless steel snorkel made up and powder coated, fitted for 450-550 from the local engineering firm that does 4x4s and would of just gone direct from snorkel drilled a hole in the bay and straight into the airbox...
hope that helps or gives you some ideas

Thanks mate

I haven’t had a look behind the guard yet, I got a cheapo on fleabay but it’s got lost during postage.

Once it hopefully turns up I’ll get onto this and see what I find.

Latest posts

Back