Problem with cruise control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman D40

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am hoping some one can help me with my problem.

My cruse control will not "set". I replaced the worn out rubber on the clutch and Nissan tell me that all the sensors work.
While driving along and I hit set nothing happens but if I hold the gear stick across while driving it will engage then if I let it go it cuts out.

Is there a sensor in the gear box and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Usually a sensor in the brakes somewhere... mine started cutting out every now and then, i found if i went over a bump, or turned slightly to the left. Try the search function, there are a few possibilities as to what it might be.

They have a netrual position sensor in the gearbox. These clap out so is most likely the problem. The clock springs in the steering wheel can also cause problems i have had two replaced.

They have a netrual position sensor in the gearbox. These clap out so is most likely the problem. The clock springs in the steering wheel can also cause problems i have had two replaced.

Yes I have had that replaced because the airbag light was on because of a faulty connection in the steering wheel and also hoping the it would fix the cruise control.

So Conman D40 did you find the problem? mine was doing the same only works when it feels like it, turnes off when it likes (if you get it working) I tried pushing the gear stick to the left and it worked so used to have a bottle in there to keep the stick over, it has worked agian for a month fine and now it is playing games again. So where is this neutral switch? can you get at it? I would like to test it see if this is the problem, don't want to take it to Nissan those d*#:heads don't know what they are doing.
Thanks

Your fault is definitely 100% park/neutral switch. thats why moving the gearstick will temporarily fix the fault as its pushing the selector harder against the switch. The switch is fitted in the side of the transmission, easy to change with a deep socket. 22mm from memory.

My 2012 stx is doing a similar thing , works most of the time then drops out when it feels like it.. Just keeps flashing and won't set .. Seems to fix itself if you turn the car off and give it a minute ... Interested to see what the solution is .

Cheers

My 2012 stx is doing a similar thing , works most of the time then drops out when it feels like it.. Just keeps flashing and won't set .. Seems to fix itself if you turn the car off and give it a minute ... Interested to see what the solution is .

Cheers

Mine did this when I had an EGR blanking plate installed.

If the CC was turned on but not engaged and the vehicle was coasting (eg coming from a 100 zone into a 60 zone) the CC would start flashing. Turn the vehicle off and on and it worked again.

EGR blank removed and no further issues.

This happened to another forum member as well.

Mine did this when I had an EGR blanking plate installed.

If the CC was turned on but not engaged and the vehicle was coasting (eg coming from a 100 zone into a 60 zone) the CC would start flashing. Turn the vehicle off and on and it worked again.

EGR blank removed and no further issues.

This happened to another forum member as well.

It seems a few v9x powered navaras have had this issue with cruise control.. I haven't done the egr mod on mine , but nissan just replaced the egr as it was faulty . It was doing it when I first picked it up , but it's come good now.

Fingers crossed

i imagine an easy test to check if its the neutral switch could be to put it in neutral and try to start it. if it doesn't start but then does if you hold it across in the same fashion the CC works, that may be pin point the problem. in saying that, the shifter may sit in a differevnt position when running or the vibration from running may make a difference, so while it might show the problem, it might not show it as well. just a thought...

That is a good idea to test the neutral switch . Only problem for me though is mine is an auto trans

Yeah she starts in neutral mate. I can't fault it now . Working perfectly , even with me trying to trick it into playin up . Seems ok

Latest posts

Back