d22 air box mod?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey, I never noticed till someone pointed it out to me today that the air going from the snorkel to the airbox is quite restricted.
from the snorkel there is a silicone joiner between the flare and the engine bay which connects to a plastic joiner this then connects to the airbox behind the 2nd battery, this plastic joiner has two 90 deg bends which are quite small and restrictive... has anyone drill a hole through the the bay and straight to the snorkel? or would this not help at all?
hope you understand what im asking the pictures hopefully will clarify[URL=http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/benengel96/media/20180205_194042_zpsxzyuytek.jpg.html] [/URL]

I fully understand what you’re saying and I’m looking at a similar situation myself.

I’ve purchased a single battery snorkel and when it arrives I’m going to look at a few different things to make it fit.

My options are removing the 2nd battery and putting it in the Ute, turn the 2nd battery sideways and fit the snorkel normally or as you say drill another hole and fit it straight to the air box.

Watching with anticipation.

There has definitely been mention of this on the forum before. I can't remember who it was that did a write up on it, and I don't know if the member who posted is still active, but it is doable.

I fully understand what you’re saying and I’m looking at a similar situation myself.

I’ve purchased a single battery snorkel and when it arrives I’m going to look at a few different things to make it fit.

My options are removing the 2nd battery and putting it in the Ute, turn the 2nd battery sideways and fit the snorkel normally or as you say drill another hole and fit it straight to the air box.

Watching with anticipation.

Hey Spud, have you had any more thought into this idea? its still on my todo list just wondering if you had any success yet?

Hey mate

Yes I purchased a single battery snorkel and placed the second battery inside a steel toolbox I have it in the tray.

With the extra room from where the 2nd battery was I’ve put my catch can there.

Very happy with everything so far.

Latest posts

Back