2006 zd30 melbourne

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melbzd30

Reaction score
Hi all
Picked up my 06 navara a few weeks ago
This forum has been a great help aleady.

I got lucky finding a gem. 109000km set up for heavy towing but the caravan was never bought by the owner so its never done any hard work. Few dings and flogged out door hinges from the poor fella needing to hang off the doors to get in and out (hips went needing reco, hence no cravan)

Has a steel bull bar, Winch, Spotties, uhf, body color canopy, elec brake controller and airbags in the rear.
Other than that pretty stock. I think he did the EGR blank but need to check then do the swirl mod.

I Want to get a provent 200 and a fuel manager 2 micron fuel filter.
Egt and boost gauges. Probably oil and water temp as well. Just to try keep her reliable. Im not looking to run a chip or push power. It trundles along fine stock. Probably get a 3 inch

Thanks for having this great helpful forum everyone

Good onya mate, they arent a bad rig.

Going to have a lot of gauges there.
U can get water temp and a few other readings from a bluetooth adaptor and a phone, need a specific adaptor for the 3lt.

Can probably get away without the extra fuel filter, they arent quite as delicate as a commonrail. I thibk u may need a lift pump to run an extra filter.

Provent 100 might be an easier fit in the engine bay, but upto you.

An intercooler would be nice to have if you can find a suitable setup at a reasonable price.

Gday mate. Cheers

Yeah i was trying to figue out those bluetooth adapters with our consult crap. Emailed that mob from NZ mentioned in one of the threads but didnt get a reply. I was going to use spme of those double or triple gauges so only run 2 pods. And i was going to use a custom dash cluster surround. A bloke makes them. Very neat. 2 52mm pods dowm on the bottom left and right of the dash.

Ide like an intercooler set up. Front mount seems to be difficult with a winch. And i am worried about getting some lag using one. Mostly comes down to cost and space to fit.

I guess ill have to do some more research. I thought our zd30s were common rail.

Nah zd30s have a rotary pump in them, not common rail. You'd probably be better off getting a 10 micron filter to use as a pre filter and better water separator than the factory setup. If you want to run a finer filter you will definitely need a lift pump for it. I have a stanadyne one on my yd25 as a pre filter and they use a chemically treated element to help separate water from the fuel.

Yeah right. Thanks lads. I was looking at that fuel manager brand filters. They do a 30 micron and a 2 micron kit. Mainly want the filter to protect from coping a dose of water. I havent heard of stanadyne. Definitely will look into them. How much did you pay and where did you get it from?

As far as I'm aware, stanadyne are the same as fuel manager. You can get kits off eBay for around the $100 mark from memory. I do have pictures of my setup somewhere, I will have to find them.

That would be awesome. Im still learning how to search. Often get pretty wide results coming back when i search haha. And that damn photobucket heathens broke heaps of the pics on here unless you pay. Greedy bastards

Let's see if this works

So far left is forefront catch can, middle is stanadyne pre filter and right is the factory fuel filter.
32c3176afb1dcbba493e4ad701e57a90.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one mate. Appreciate the pic. Very helpful. Simple flat bar bracket. Where have you supported it from underneath?

I know a pic too hard to get. But im sure i can figure it out from some text description.

Thanks again

Bit hard especially being 1600km away from the car hahaha.

That bracket you see going off to the side bolts onto one of the captive nuts on the passenger side inner guard. I welded a sort of s shaped bracket under the rear section of the factory fuel filter bracket to try and beef it up a bit.

I'm sure I posted pictures in another thread so I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

All good mate. I have you trumped im 3000km away from mine haha. Another week to go this swng before i can go home and play 4x4s haha

Done the egr blank today. 2 plates on the intake pipe. Top and bottom.. done the vac tubes. Took it for a short drive. Felt good i noticed the turbo sounded much louder has anyon else notoced that after egr and butterfly? I hadnt unplugged swirl by then. unplugged the swirl solenoid later

Latest posts

Back