Installing a turbo in a QD32

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
Hi all, Just thought I would start a build/help me Thread for installing a turbo on a QD32. I would like to get some photos of the oil feed and return spots on the block if anyone has done this and kept pictures.

From what I can find on the "Denco Kit Fitting Instructions" there are already two hole that just need fittings attached. Now it is just a matter of finding them and figuring out what connectors I need to get.
Remove oil plug from side of block on LHS in front of oil filter and
regulator assembly using 5mm Allen key. Remove larger plug just
below alternator on side of block to facilitate oil return.

Screw the 3/8 male hose tail into the large oil return hole in the block.
This thread is to be sealed with Loctite Hydraulic Sealant 569. Again
using Loctite 569 screw the small oil feed nipple into the 1/8 BSP hole
in the cylinder block.

I will keep a photo journal of my progress and post it up here.

Good stuff.

Love these QD32's, I have the chance to pick up a NAv the same as your's cheap.

I would not trade mine for any other model. Love the thing.
Love these QD32's, I have the chance to pick up a Nav the same as your's cheap.

Anyway I have located the oil sender bung and taken a picture with it highlighted. will keep searching for the return and will update the post then.
IMG_20110829_192008.jpg

Ok now I have the problem of trying to figure out what metric thread will fill into a 1/8 BSP thread.
Dion or Dave would you know what kind of thread that plug I have highlighted is?
I have been searching with no luck but I think it would be an 8mm metric thread.

Thanks Dave, Just waiting on registration to the forum so I can view the pictures.

From what I can find this looks like the oil return plug. (I really hope it isn't, B!tch of a spot)
IMG_20110829_200829.jpg

I would not trade mine for any other model. Love the thing.

Anyway I have located the oil sender bung and taken a picture with it highlighted. will keep searching for the return and will update the post then.
IMG_20110829_192008.jpg

i just finished my turbo conversion on my qd32 so i used the port thats actually on the right of the one you circled. and for drain back if you look behind your oil filter you will find a 1/2 bsp port that is factory drain back, i have all the pirtek part numbers some where will put em up tomorrow for you. i used a stainless teflon hose in 1/8 with jic ends
any question just shoot me a pm and i will get back to you\cheers
brent

Cheers Brent, pictures and a parts list would be awesome.
Just have to get the lines and exhaust sorted out and will start the fitting.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in doing this. I'm thinking of using the the turbo & exhaust manifold from the TD27T. Whats the best turbo to use? I also have a used turbo from the 3.0 turbo laying around.

Hi Brodie
You are right about the oil feed line (the one with the allen key) and the return is right next to it (slightly lower to the right)

Will try and get a pic of mine tomorrow. BSP fittings are pretty common and if you try to put a metric one in it, it will probably leak.

Do you get up to Brissy at all?

Alan

A photo of your setup would be great. A picture says a thousand words.
Am I right to assume this is the two plugs you are talking about Allan?
IMG_20110829_192008.jpg

I get up to brisbane once in a blue moon.
BSP parts it is then, didn't know they were so common. Looks like a trip to hyrdalink to look for parts.

Last edited:
does it fit with a safari snorkel (navara QD32), looking at fitting a turbo
Not to sure what you mean Bandit, I am building a custom setup.
I also have an 80 series airbox fitted so it would be changed up a bit compared to standard.
It would not be to hard to connect a few hoses and make it fit your snorkle.
I will be getting a Nissan snorkle in a month or two so I will add that to this (sort of) guide one I do it.

A photo of your setup would be great. A picture says a thousand words.
Am I right to assume this is the two plugs you are talking about Allan?
IMG_20110829_192008.jpg

I get up to brisbane once in a blue moon.
BSP parts it is then, didn't know they were so common. Looks like a trip to hyrdalink to look for parts.

Hi Brodie

Yes you are correct. See the pic from the link below.

The Navara Forum Gallery -

Hope this helps.

Wish I knew how to include a pic in my post

Alan

Thanks Dave

I have the skills and technology now!

Bandit40

When you install your turbo, the air filter has to be moved and so the intake will be in a different position. You will have to adapt your snorkel to fit.

I too am looking to fit a snorkel, a later model one (ZD30 D22) looks to be the easiest for me to use, along with some flexible ducting.

Alan

Just an update

Ok so I have purchased what I need for the oil feed and half of what is needed for the return. The Intercooler and Boost Controller have also arrived so here is a pic of everything while I wait for what is left to arrive. I am hopeing to have this fitted by next weekend.
IMG_20110903_130802.jpg

For the oil feed line I went to Enzed and after working out that there was a nipple that needed to be made, the total for just the feed line and two nipples including labour worked out to be $143. Bit over what I expected but hey at least I know everything is correct.

I am now waiting for the oil return flange then it is back to HSA (the hose shop) to get two more fittings and the air hose. After that all that needs to be made is the dump pipe and the air lines.

Latest posts

Back