D40 Cruise Control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giltos

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My first post here :)

My D40 Outlaw Auto has done 100k and developed a problem with cruise control. It started dropping out every so often, then it moved to sometimes the unit will switch on, but not set and now the unit does not turn on most times from steering wheel controls.

Anyideas on where i should look first? Have searched the net, thought about replacing the control unit in steering wheel and maybe installing audio controls while I'm there. Its out of warranty with Nissan now, rather fix it myself than spend big dollars with them.

Cheers

Have a look at the break switch to make sure its not loose. It will cause problems with cruise.
The other thing to look at is crawl under the dash and see if any of the wiring has chaffed on the body and is shorting out. The truck runs mostly bus logic so a short wont always blow a fuse but will cause havoc with controls

Mine was doing the same thing took it to Nissan for the recall and told them about it they said it was a seal by the pedal that came loose or somthing wish I listened properly cause now it's happening again.

If its a manual have a look at the plastic plug on the clutch lever (yep under the dash) that depresses the reed switch. Over time they get a hole in them and the switch stays on - telling the comp that you have the clutch depressed - so no cruise. Not sure you can buy from Nissan parts - but I fixed mine with some heavier duty thermopastic I had in the garage. A little loctite and its good to go.
Id look here or at the brake light fuse (3rd or 4th) 10amp fuse from the bottom in the glovebox fusebox. Both tell the computer to switch the CC off.

Latest posts

Back