What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine D40 ST-X is 13months old, and has not had a warranty claim yet....

D40 2.5 td . 8000km on the clock timing chain tensioer bolts striped out of head. Started to rattle heaps and lucky i didnt drive it any further would have been major problems bar that its been a good car.

2006 D40 stx

2006 D40 stx auto
70000klm - new dif @10000, new talk converter @ 65000klm, snorkel kept poping of and the dropkicks at nissan just screwed it back in with a teck screw that lasted 5 min so it is better to fix that one yourself, and my favorite is the tailgate that needs to be lifted at every service and now they have finally placed a 3mm spacer under the hinges, this has lifted it back up level for the moment. also if you have a tornou cover they are just held on to the tailgate with 4 ally pop rivets, these will eventually pull off, no big deal just pop in another one but make sure that the broken half is removed from inside your tailgate as they can slide down and rub between the outer panel and a brace on the inside and dint the tailgaate from the inside out.
all that aside it is a great car

06 model & 96,000 kilometres and no warranty work done except for a recall on something. Tailgate adjusted once after it popped open and we lost an Esky full of beer.

Ross

Last edited:
Paintwork had over 100 inclusions with crap n such. Nissan took the truck to some dodgey Paint shop in Melbourne and buffed the crap out of it. Now paintwork is totally screwed and needs to be redone. Problem is Noone in Canberra is willing to take on the job as its too big for them .
Other than that and the wrong complience plates the truck is a weapon and is great to drive.

Was nil but after service last week i was complaining about an intermittent noise from the clutch especially when towing that ceases with the slightest pressure on pedal. I was told by someone else that this was related to the clutch fork however Nissan believe its flywheel related and are going to change it.
No real stress dealer excellent. Loan car to be provided and they will keep the Nav for max 2 days.
Will keep you updated.

Nice to hear Nissan will replace the dual mass fly wheel under warranty, you sure wouldn't want to pay for a new one yourself, the fly wheels upwards of $1500 plus labour to replace.

Was nil but after service last week i was complaining about an intermittent noise from the clutch especially when towing that ceases with the slightest pressure on pedal. I was told by someone else that this was related to the clutch fork however Nissan believe its flywheel related and are going to change it.
No real stress dealer excellent. Loan car to be provided and they will keep the Nav for max 2 days.
Will keep you updated.

Wife dropped the Nav off around 10 yesterday morning and was given a loan car. Picked up the Nav around the same time this morning all done. Dealer has been nothing short of sensational now will have to wait and see how car goes for noise.

Wife dropped the Nav off around 10 yesterday morning and was given a loan car. Picked up the Nav around the same time this morning all done. Dealer has been nothing short of sensational now will have to wait and see how car goes for noise.

Problem solved, towed the boat about 200/300 k's last night noise is no longer there. Top job Ferntree Gully Nissan.

Good to hear the issue is fixed, bloody nice boat in the aviator aswell.

If I come to melbourne I expect a ride. Just kidding, nice combo mate.

Dave.

Good to hear the issue is fixed, bloody nice boat in the aviator aswell.

If I come to melbourne I expect a ride. Just kidding, nice combo mate.

Dave.

There you go Dave, its great boat 2007 6.5 metre Patriot with twin 115 hp Etecs. This was the original reason for buying the Navara in the first place.

dsc00187cs8.jpg

Awesome boat, you must get some looks pulling that along from jealous people. Id be looking.

Your a lucky man.

Dave.

Hows this for timing... I am off to north Straddie on Boxing day, and I am taking a 6m boat with me.. To to the job, I will be using low range 4x4 all the time when on the beach with the boat hitch....
So last Saturday my Low Range stopped working. It just wont engage, 4x4 hi works fine.. I contacted Nissan and it is booking on Xmas eve... cutting it a bit close I recon..

Well I'm back from my Holiday.. I didn't take the boat due to not having low range 4x4.... but I did tow my mates camping trailer as he had doubts his Pajero towing ability..

Anyway I get to Flinders on Straddie and I thought I would see how the navara goes through the soft sand with fully inflated tyres... No good, it started to sink I could feel the tyres slip in the sand... I deflated the tyres to 20psi, and tried too engage low range... To my amazement, low range engaged... The Navara took off like it was on bitumen.. Awesome 4x4, but it needs some work like a lift kit, bigger tyres, a body lift, snorkel and decent side steps.. those things Nissan pass off as quality side steps are weak as pi$$...
StradbrokeHoliday2008-09018-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back