Rough idle cold

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh9359

Reaction score
After coming back from 6 weeks holiday this year my 2013 d22 has a rough idle when cold any ideas.

Hey mate,

Not sure if you mean just rough or hunting idle, but it probably wouldn't hurt to run a can of liquimoly diesel fuel system cleaner through it. The scv could be a bit sticky and because the ecu can't regulate fuel pressure correctly it causes hunting at idle.

Hey mate,

Not sure if you mean just rough or hunting idle, but it probably wouldn't hurt to run a can of liquimoly diesel fuel system cleaner through it. The scv could be a bit sticky and because the ecu can't regulate fuel pressure correctly it causes hunting at idle.

Yes hunting a bit and occasional miss,fine after couple of hundred meters.And only when weather is cold.

Fair enough, I'd give that fuel system cleaner a go and see what happens. Might also be good to change the fuel filter if you're not sure when it was done last.

There is a write up somewhere on the forum about that liquimoly stuff, you just unhook the fuel supply and return lines from the high pressure pump and run a couple of removable lines to do the clean.

I just use some 10mm and 6mm vacuum hose when I do mine. I've got one of those basic carby inline fuel filters on the 10mm line just to stop any crap that gets pushed out the return line getting sucked back in. I just poke both hoses into the can of cleaner and normally run it for about 15min at different rpm.

Just pour whatever is left into the fuel tank afterwards. Then remove the hoses and hook the normal fuel lines back up. Shouldn't need to bleed the filter afterwards, I've never had to.

Yeah probably worth doing. I think the diesel purge is only around $15 for the can of stuff.

Latest posts

Back