Are all Yd25 front diff a the same

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
After finding out the inside of my my front diff has more teeth in the oil pan then I will the diff still I'm after a replacement.
I have read about r180s and r200s and don't think I'll be able to get a r200 and dont have the cash for new cvs aswell.

I have found a lot of 2nd hand front diff a from wreckers etc and none of them have ratios only that's its from either a Yd25 or 3L

Do I need to worry about ratios or can I just get one from a Yd25?

Also seeing as mine broke around the 110k mark do I need to worry about getting one 2nd hand that had more kms then that as most around 180k plus?

I have put manual locking hubs on from the suggestion of other members here so I don't seize the diff on myself haha XD

if i remember right the first year or two of the yd25 models had the same diffs as the zd30 but then went to lower ratio ones.
unfortunately i cannot check as the info i have here only goes to first year of the yd25.

Stick to the same year as what you have if possible or even newer models as they should have the same centre.
FYI, my 2011 has clocked up 240 000 k's front diff is perfect.
Although I now only really engage to get up tricky job sites.

I'm wondering how the teeth got broke?

Was it caused by changing ratios on the fly? Do you have a front locker on it? If so, which one?

I know a bloke that bought a blown 2011 YD25 D22 with 289K on it. Pretty much everything bolted onto the block had to be replaced - but all other running gear was fine.

He pulled the clutch out for a look & said it looked original. He replaced it while it was out, but it was still serviceable when removed.

The only diffs I've ever heard of breaking were from doing burnouts lol.

I may have read on here replacing the front diff with rear one out of Terrano 2 giving it lsd,cant remember exactly where I read it.

Latest posts

Back