2003 D22 rear brakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
Hi All
Another dumb question from me.
Does the 2003 D22 have automatic rear drum brake adjusters or are they manual adjust.
I've been told to drive in reverse and brake hard to adjust them but it doesn't seem to work.
Cheers

Hi All
Another dumb question from me.
Does the 2003 D22 have automatic rear drum brake adjusters or are they manual adjust.
I've been told to drive in reverse and brake hard to adjust them but it doesn't seem to work.
Cheers

That's not a dumb question Oldie. There is a manual adjustment once you take the drum off. What issues are you having? Not sure what putting the brakes on while going backwards would achieve?

ps. love that signature lol.

I've had the rear drums off and cleaned it all out. There is still heaps of meat on the rear linings. I think the rear need to be adjusted as it seems to be braking mostly on the front which are discs.
I haven't checked the front pads yet, that's the next job as I had new rotors put on the front awhile back and the rear drums skimmed.
It just doesn't seem to be braking as well as it should.
PS. I wanna be 39 again hahaha

Last edited:
They might need adjusting. Have you checked the wheel cylinders? The seals can go in them after a while.

Never thought much of the thirties. Never really started getting any sense till the forties! (and some would find that debatable) lol.

they have auto adjusters but most auto adjusters tend to wear and fail to work on older utes.
not hard to get under and manually adjust them.

if they skimmed the drums you may need oversized pads or simply new drums.

Thanks for the info guys. I haven't done anything yet, I've been very busy, it's called "Doing sweet FA". I'm getting slack in my old age :cheers!:
Cheers

Thanks for the info guys. I haven't done anything yet, I've been very busy, it's called "Doing sweet FA". I'm getting slack in my old age :cheers!:
Cheers

Good to hear.

Sorry about the bum steer, tweak'e is right there is an auto adjuster. Had forgotten about it because on mine it is descriptively an adjuster, but in any functional sense it is basically an ornament lol.

Latest posts

Back