2.5 cr engine oil used ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4k is real steep, ask them for cost pricing on the parts? Labour to do all that should be like 4hrs. It took me 20 mins to pull the oil cooler off mine, its only 4/5 bolts!

So got word today that the oil cooler was cactus which sent oil into the radiator. The bill comes to a smudge over 4K, which includes a new radiator, oil cooler, thermostat, cooling lines/hoses and labour. Let's bloody hope the extended warranty people come to the party!
Should I ask them to check the head whilst it's there?
Off to qld in March and I'd hate to have this happen again on Fraser.

I'd be inclined to agree with Dilmah with regard to the pricing for a job of that nature, it's outrageous!. If the extended warranty covers it let them sort it out. However if your out of pocket at all, have the quote itemised and take it further.:rambo:

Thanks for the feed back. If the claim doesn't go through I will most certainly be taking it further! I'll be sure to keep you posted.
Let's hope I get the bus back soon so I can get it dirty again hey!
Thanks again

it better go through and why is it taking so long ? your vehicle should be back on the raod by now. tell them to pull there finger out and get things happening.

The joys of dealing with warranty people. For those that are thinking of buying a used car, never,ever get the extended warranty. Not worth the paper it's written on.
Still haven't got my car back, maybe next week. The whole reason I haven't done any work on my ute is due to this 'warranty'. What a joke.
Thanks to those who replied.
Time for a beer

your extended warranty should be ok if it is still valid under the due months or klm,s plus if the vehicle has been serviced via an orthorised nissan technician.
tell the dealers where your car is to stop playing games and fix the bloody engine now.

d22 and d40 manuals at least in europe say reccomened 5w30 all around but personally i have been running 10w40 for like the past 10 years without issue. tried 5w30 once sounded so bad compared to the sweet sound of the 10w40. at the end of the day its a diesel motor makes a good amoung of torque the yd25 isnt a new motor on the market so 10w40 is what i will keep using and what the Nissan dealers use anyway on the d22. d40 they do 5w30 but runs different.
image.png

Hi Jonney,
Not sure if anyone pointed this out to you in the thread but in the owners manual below is what is said:
5W 30 is preferable. If 5W 30 is not available, select the viscosity
from the chart, that is suitable for the outside temperature range.
For Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia: 10W 30 is preferable.
(manual provides a chart on which oil covers what outside temperature as mentioned above - you can refer to the technical section of the owners manual)

5W 30 is the oil that can be used for outside temperatures of -30 to 40degC for both gasoline and diesel engines. So I think you can stick to what you are using.

All the best

Hi guys, now that its getting warmer just wondering what engine oil weights you guys are running or going to run in your 2.5 litre navs? i have been using penrite 5w - 40 but thinking now to use 10 w - 40 just abit thicker for the extra heat.

i am now running Penrite semi synthetic 10w-40 in the summer months and will go back to the Penrite semi synthetic 5w-40 for the colder months .

Using Penrite 5W - 40 fully syn in mine, 2013 YD25 with 56K on the clock. Much quieter since I've been using it.

NB: I haven't blocked the EGR or put a catch can in - the oil is like liquid soot after 10K. Might have to do both! (I wasn't going to keep it past 3 yrs, so I didn't bother!)

Using Penrite 5W - 40 fully syn in mine, 2013 YD25 with 56K on the clock. Much quieter since I've been using it.

NB: I haven't blocked the EGR or put a catch can in - the oil is like liquid soot after 10K. Might have to do both! (I wasn't going to keep it past 3 yrs, so I didn't bother!)
it takes approx 20 minutes to remove and re place the egr blanking plate on your model nav. cost approx $10 of ebay for the stainless plate. i sugest you do it before its too late.

Latest posts

Back