D22 manual to electric side mirrors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Getting sick of adjusting the passenger side mirror when ever it gets bumped.

Has anyone taken the electric mirrors off a later d22 and put them on an earlier version?

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

They should fit. The wiring might not be there, but wouldn't be hard to run your own wiring.

They should fit. The wiring might not be there, but wouldn't be hard to run your own wiring.

yes, they will fit straight up.
wiring is more my concern.
I read somewhere that there may be wiring behind the door card to plug into, but doesn't work, perhaps due to fuse no.19 having no fuse fitted, the person who wrote about it never posted an update though.

Fair enough. I guess the easiest way to find out would be pull the door trim and see if there is wiring there... I guess you could also check that fuse connector for power and make sure there are terminals on both sides.

If someone else replies all good, otherwise I guess it's just trial and error...

Fair enough. I guess the easiest way to find out would be pull the door trim and see if there is wiring there... I guess you could also check that fuse connector for power and make sure there are terminals on both sides.

If someone else replies all good, otherwise I guess it's just trial and error...
Yes, ill add it to my long list of things to do...

Ben, at a guess it would take two electric motors to power the mirrors. The motors would have the polarity reversed to go back and forward. I’d say it could be done but would be lots of mucking around.

HJ, i would be using the mirrors off a d22 that have motors in them, they bolt straight on.
The only issue is the wiring between the mirrors, switch and and fuse box.

So it looks like the wiring is all there.

Im thinking all that is needed is the electric mirrors, the switch and a fuse fitted in the fuse box.
9d5cd3a898df1c77229f4d1a2a772776.jpg
241089112d6becfbccf873f04f2dfe1b.jpg

Awesome work. Hopefully the power wiring at the fuse box is there. If you've got a multi meter it won't be hard to check. Hopefully it is a simple plug in job. Good luck

Connected up some mirrors, fitted a fuse and nothing.

Turns out the wiring doesnt go all the way to the fuse box.
Theres a bottom pin but nothing on the top for the fuse to plug into.

Anyone know how i might be able to connect this up?

Any idea if the bottom pin is the power feed or the feed out to the mirrors? Easiest way to check would be test for continuity with a multi meter between the pins on the mirror switch plug and the pin in the fuse box.

If it is the power feed it will be a bit painful, but if it is the feed out to the mirrors, just get one of those add a fuse things (that let you put 2 fuses on the one fuse holder) and put a male spade terminal on the end. Then plug it in to another fuse and put the spade terminal into the pin that has a terminal in it.

I hope that makes sense...

I checked the bottom pin and it has a +12v supply.
So there's something missing between the fuse box and the switch/mirrors.

Could a simple fix be finding a +12v source at the window switches and piggy backing it to somewhere on the mirror switch?

Any idea if the bottom pin is the power feed or the feed out to the mirrors? Easiest way to check would be test for continuity with a multi meter between the pins on the mirror switch plug and the pin in the fuse box.

If it is the power feed it will be a bit painful, but if it is the feed out to the mirrors, just get one of those add a fuse things (that let you put 2 fuses on the one fuse holder) and put a male spade terminal on the end. Then plug it in to another fuse and put the spade terminal into the pin that has a terminal in it.

I hope that makes sense...

Ben, it can be done if you are handy with a multi meter but it will take time and involve remote wireing aside from what “may” be in the trim and wireing harness. The fuse box is no good and this project will have to bypass it and be manually done.

Last edited:
I know it's a silly question but did you turn the ignition on before you tested the mirrors?
Unfortunately yes, that would have been a nice simple fix if i had not.

I checked the bottom pin and it has a +12v supply.
So there's something missing between the fuse box and the switch/mirrors.

Could a simple fix be finding a +12v source at the window switches and piggy backing it to somewhere on the mirror switch?
Yep I'd be tapping into the power window feed, that would give you enough power just to run the mirrors without overloading the window circuit. Otherwise, you'd have to run a new feed into the door just for the power to the switch.

After a bit of a look at the workshop manual, looks like the white wire from the window switch is the + feed and the green/red wire going into the mirror switch is the one that needs to be connected up to a + source.
Hopefully the wiring runs from the mirror switch over to the passenger door which i have not checked and that may be all that is needed... maybe.

I had the drivers mirror working today.
Not only is the + not connected but also the -, temporarily connected them both up and all go on the drivers side.
Yet to fit passenger side.
2bf07b859130cb70c13ffbd481e56c17.jpg

Latest posts

Back