New STX-550 owner.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomAu

Reaction score
I am the owner of a new 2012 Navara STX-550. My wife and I spend most of this year test driving dual cabs before we make the final decision.
The Navara was by far the most expensive at $65K with extras, but it was by far the best to drive. We did all the usual internet based research.
We still struggle to understand why the BT50 and Ranger rate so well in the popular press. Nice cars, but way over rated. The new D-MAX was a disappointment: rubbish leather seats, cheapest reversing camera, poor radio... the auto-gear box sounded very busy. Too much truck for us.
The Amarok was discounted. The left to right side conversion is incomplete where by comparison the Navara is fully converted for left or right side driving ( brake lever, cup holders, indicator stalks etc).

As I clock up the kms, I will post my impressions.

Tom.

Hi Tom
Welcome aboard I have one of first to hit our shores last year 30000km on her now runs like a dream, had a few bugs nothing major. I did have to go down a level as I broke one of v6 badge thats on the door Nissan wanted $126 for it so I put hilux ones on at $30 gotta admit they do look better lol
cheers Lyle

Last edited:
Hi Tom, Like Hunter I got one of the first in my area, just on 30 000 kms. Trip to Qld just finished, fully loaded and fuel use ranged 8.5 to 10 lts per 100ks. Very happy with vehicle. Only downside is 80lt tank as I tow a large caravan. Have to check about a larger tank. Also welcome to the forum.

regards Mick

Thanks Mick. Our Navara has just completed 2000km, mostly by my wife :)
We have a Skoda Superb Wagon, which has one of those auto-dimming rear view mirrors. This is probably the only modification I can see myself making at this stage. Love the gearbox and the automatic down shifting. Works like a manual.

Tom

I will be hopefully joining you guys as a 550 owner in the next couple of weeks. The dimming mirror is on of the only things that we will miss out of our R51 Pathfinder (The other would be back seat comfort)

Latest posts

Back