which tyres???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how about hankooks? 4 for 3 at the moment, makes 275/70/r16 all terrains $630 fitted (((-;

picked up my hankooks last night, they look the goods, but,,,,,, question! when did they start making them in china????

Iv got kelly safari tsr tyres done over 55,000kms with them and they still have plenty of tread, not noisy on road and good off road. But going to go with a more aggresive mud tyre next. Anyone ever used maxtrek mudtrek tyres? Iv heard good things about them and can get 285/75/16s for $150 each

jased, have you looked at the kumho? they look good with well placed chunky treads. they wont 150 though...

Na mate i havent, I'll have a look at them. Hard to go past the mudtreks at that price though tyrepower sell them for $240 each

Na mate i havent, I'll have a look at them. Hard to go past the mudtreks at that price though tyrepower sell them for $240 each
I haven't used them myself but a guy I used to work with had them on his d40 in that size. Reckons they weren't too bad when I asked him about them... The only issue you may have is on wet roads, but you'll probably have that with any mud tyres.....

got some BFG AT's KO2 on my d22 about a month ago, about 600 euro for all 4 (852.379 in australian dollars) pretty pleased and make the truck look and ride nice. only problem is they are stone catchers which they randomly eject inside the wheel arch and make noise when they do like you hit something
20161228_123440.jpg

20161107_135624.jpg

Last edited:
Geolander are really good directional mt's but a lot of people don't want directional in offroad situations.

Wear rate is well below average but the best wet road muddies I have ever used.

Hankook muds are not bad on wet roads either.

i was either gonna get the BFGs or Michellin Latitude for about the same price ended up with BFG since they are far superior offroad but would love to give the Michellin ATs a try just for the road comfort. in 4-5 years i hope!

way less aggresive but every d40 i see around runs on these
IMG_1306.jpg

Bob Jane will Do BFG K02's for $300 a pop fitted (265/75/16). At least they did for me. Done about 45,000KM on them so far and there is probably about 70% tread. That includes a fair bit of driving on Corrugated roads.

If you want a great tyre for all round performance, Hankook Dynapro AT-M's.
By far the best all round tyre I have owned.
Now with 121000 kms and 4mm tread left.

My D40 had Michellin Latitude Cross's on when I bought it. They're great on bitumen and gravel, and they've handled the limited offroading I've done pretty well. I think they're pricey though so I'll probably be shopping around when it comes time to replace them.

I bought my 2010 (Spanish built)D40 STX brand new and it had the Good Year tyres on it. They were pretty good (and very quiet)in all but wet dirt conditions. They lasted 48,000 kms before I switched to BFG A/T's, which I have had on nearly every 4wd that I have owned. They performed well but were well and truly stuffed by 50,000 kms. I have recently replaced them with BFG A/T KO2's so will be interested to see how they perform and how long they last. They are 265/65/17's and cost $315 a corner from Bob Janes in Adelaide.

Toyo MTs and Toyo AT2s are both awesome tyres too
Ive always had BFGs or toyos
Seem to be similar quality and price, depending a bit on whats on special
One made in USA, one made in Japan

Premium SUV tyres

I am on my 7th Navara & usually trade up before having to buy new tyres for Tax purposes. I am a city slicking 4WDrive so 99.9% of my driving is on sealed bitumen. Generally the only time I go offroad would be on the farm with lots of big machinery to rescue me if I get stuck!
Has anybody got experience with premium SUV tyres fitted to a NP300.
Looking at some of the performance tyre reviews it would look like the Bridgestone Avenza 001's would be suitable. My greatest concern is wet weather performance as I come from a WRC n Tarmac Rally background & usually drive pretty aggressively
Cheers Doc

With all the traction control, stability control and abs you wont be able to get sideways no matter how good your WRC skills are. Any reputable tyre will be fine.

Back