Nissan navara d22 v8

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottybobcat

2014 muster sponsor
Reaction score
G'day guys new to this but thought I would let everyone know that I am having done what everyone says cant be done and that is a gen3 and turbo 700 with transfer case dropped into my 03 d22 Navara with a mathless tune.It should be around 290 kws at the rear wheels

You may wanna look into a H233B rear diff or a H260 rear diff.

The front diff may need changing to a R200A to take the power, even then its a big ask for that much power.

Pics.

Dave.

Shall I do the outers thing? I think I will.

THIS THREAD IS NOTHING WITHOUT PICS

Sorry all.

Sounds interesting, would love to see the outcome and a photo log.

G'day guys everyone that I had spoken to that does conversiond around oz said that it cant be done then hatfields of castlemaine put me onto Kyles conversions in nsw.He has done plenty of these conversions to Rodeos,land cruisers and the like but never a Navara. He has measured it up and said no worries.It is up there at the moment just starting to be done.the quote I have at this point will be about $18000.No picks yet but there will be plenty in about 5 weeks

Good luck scottybobcat.

That's a lot of coin for a V8...........hope it does what you expect.

Cheers.

the main reason for doing this is that my Navara is the v6 and it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.My family and I are travelling around oz with a camping trailer in July so I needed something with balls.I could have gone to landcruiser but you only have the option of single cab tray or wagon in the v8 which didn't suit my needs as I have an earth moving bussiness and a family and the price of a land cruiser didnt appeal,so the Navara gets the transplant being a twincab and it is something I will probably keep for ever if I don't right it off(touch wood)

only thing to watch is the front end weight. v8's can make them nose heavy, especially if its cast iron block motor. someone mention the patrol auto can handle the power, i think adapters are available.

It will have the gen3 alloy motor in it with a turbo 700 and I think Patrol transfer case.It has a 3 inch suspension lift but we are also doing a 2 inch body lift.This will give it more room between the sump and cross member and I think we have to modify a corvette sump.

Anything can be done if your willing to spend the cash.

A Patrol would be a much better choice for conversion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, keep us informed on progress,
and I'd be interested to learn how well your front and rear diff's hold out with the xtra ponies.

WOW!:idea:

My dream update for the Nav, and you are right about the V6, pretty slow off the mark etc. Lots of $$$ but you will have something pretty unique ( and bloody quick) when you are finished.

Can't wait for the piccies.

I'm doing the navara because I need the twincab and the ute

and to go to work in 6.2secs?

$18000 FKN BEJESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but understandable...the amount of shit that will have to be replaced/strengthened. something different lol

bloc bloc... bloc bloc bloc... ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back