Green 4wd light in high range goes off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobjtls

Reaction score
I have recently observed that when I put my D22 into 4wd high range, the green indicator light goes out. It stays on whilst in low range. Is this normal? This is the first time I have used high range, I don't do a lot of 4wd'ing.

Bobj

Nope, any time it is in 4wd the light should be on. As far as I know there's only 1 4wd switch so it seems a bit strange that it doesn't work in high range.

Also, this should probably be moved to the d22 section seeing it isn't a d40.

Bods, sorry, I thought I had posted it in the D22 forum. Anyway, from what you say it sounds as if there is an issue, maybe just an electrical fault but something to be checked out. Thanks for your reply.

Bobj

Mine stays on in both 4H & 4L.

I wish that there was a light to let you know that your hubs are locked. I keep forgetting to manually unlock them after I shift into 2H! :(

Seems weird that is isn't working in high but is working in low. As far as I'm aware these is only the one switch, so unless the trigger is not working properly I don't know what else it could be.

As for the above, it's not a big deal leaving the hubs locked, you just use a bit more fuel. Apparently the single cabs have permanent hubs like the d40, so they are always turning the front over. At least then you don't have to get out and lock them after you get stuck hahaha.

Latest posts

Back