NP300 First Impressions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the front, not a fan of the back. Not overly excited about the interior either. Hopefully they revise the looks in a couple years.

I dropped money on one, and it is arriving in 3 weeks.

The interior knocks it out of the ballpark. VERY comfy. Best on market at the moment!

In regards to the rear, I think its one of those cars that I think will grow on people. I wasnt interested at first, but it really grew on me and I fell in love with the vehicle.

It is a more 'mature' truck compaired to the 'work' truck that most people are used to from a duel cab. I like it..

I can see people that enjoy alot of off roading may not like it as much, but it is a fantastic vehicle.

All these new utes start to look the same, to me it has a Colorado/Triton look to it.

Same goes for the new range of mid sized 4x4s coming out, all look really similar

I prefer the interior of my Titanium, the exterior of the 300 looks OK and I think will grow on me but for the money I'm happy with the 2014 titanium. Plus I would never buy the 1st series of any car. Just my 2c

Cheers Justo

I want to see how the new coil rear end and shorter wheel base go off road recon it will shit all over the leaf rear end.

Economy ranging from 5.9 l/100 km freeway to 7.3 l /100 km city driving ? Surely that's not possible, that's looking more like Toyota Prius territory.
Would love to see the D22 make a comeback with this new engine, as they've done in past.

I dropped money on one, and it is arriving in 3 weeks.

The interior knocks it out of the ballpark. VERY comfy. Best on market at the moment!

In regards to the rear, I think its one of those cars that I think will grow on people. I wasnt interested at first, but it really grew on me and I fell in love with the vehicle.

It is a more 'mature' truck compaired to the 'work' truck that most people are used to from a duel cab. I like it..

I can see people that enjoy alot of off roading may not like it as much, but it is a fantastic vehicle.

If the interior is as comfy as the interior in my misses new t32 xtrail then people wont be disappointed trust me ��

I need help, as I am just about to buy a new dual cab and was set on a Ranger XLT but I test drove a new ST Navara and was super impressed with the ride and quality feel, the engine I'm not sure about yet, I will test drive a XLT tomorrow, engine performance means a lot to me, so if the ranger feels significantly better in that area than, well it still will be a hard decision :unsure:

I really love my D40, but drove my mates XLT and I would honestly go for it. Price was the factor for me, picked up my ST for $37k drive away, XLT was $52k drive away

Economy ranging from 5.9 l/100 km freeway to 7.3 l /100 km city driving ? Surely that's not possible, that's looking more like Toyota Prius territory.
Would love to see the D22 make a comeback with this new engine, as they've done in past.

No, Fuel Economy starts at 6.3L/100kms for the 2WD manual 2.3L TT. We all know that no one ever gets the listed economy but it is always close.

After doing some real research on the vehicle, I think it might actually be possible.

The engine is more efficient (small capacity with lots of tricks), it has the best drag co efficient (0.37) in the class, 6sp manual (class standard) and vehicle weight is improved (a little less then 1900kg…) which is very good in class. All that stuff add's up. Every little thing.

And no, please don't bring the D22 back!!

If the interior is as comfy as the interior in my misses new t32 xtrail then people wont be disappointed trust me ��

I agree, the interior is best in class IMO.

I need help, as I am just about to buy a new dual cab and was set on a Ranger XLT but I test drove a new ST Navara and was super impressed with the ride and quality feel, the engine I'm not sure about yet, I will test drive a XLT tomorrow, engine performance means a lot to me, so if the ranger feels significantly better in that area than, well it still will be a hard decision :unsure:

TBH - I think you will find the NP300 navara is hard to 'read' when driving. EG, I have driven every ute in the segment, but the colorado and NP300 were back to back, and let me tell you, that the superior torque could be felt in the colorado. It really pushed me in the back.. but you know what, it had noticeable lag which makes it SEEM faster as the power delivery is aggressive.

The new NP300 is very smooth in power delivery and literally has next to no turbo lag and has full torque at 1,500. Combine that with the slightly lower weight, coil springs and class leading drag coefficient, I think the navara is quicker then you actually think due to linear power delivery.

I prefer the interior of my Titanium, the exterior of the 300 looks OK and I think will grow on me but for the money I'm happy with the 2014 titanium. Plus I would never buy the 1st series of any car. Just my 2c

Cheers Justo

Haha Ill second that Mate

Did i read somewhere they are already having recalls?
Obviously cant always be perfect first time round

Last edited:
Last edited:
There was a service advice update for dealers to change a bracket on the NP300 but it came out before the ute's had landed in the country so it's not a recall as the ute's hadn't made it the market.

As for the power it doesn't feel as powerful as stated above but it is a lot smoother and feels more like a supercharger as the small turbo gets rid of almost all the lag.

I've only done 800km in mine so far around town empty and it is returning 9.3L/100km at present and getting better all the time as it free's up.

Loving the intelligent smart key (although I keep reaching for the key to turn it off)

The interior is far better than the D40, front seats are far more comfy and the headlights are way better too.

My three grips so far are the lack of storage space under the back seat (unlike the D40), the fact the map on the GPS is from 2013 and the spoiler on the back really spoils it with a canopy.

Last edited:
Why would they put in such an outdated map is beyond me. Are they upgrading it for free? Or is it one of these weird mapping companies specific to Nissan?

I've only done 800km in mine so far around town empty and it is returning 9.3L/100km at present and getting better all the time as it free's up.

My three grips so far are the lack of storage space under the back seat (unlike the D40), the fact the map on the GPS is from 2013 and the spoiler on the back really spoils it with a canopy.

9.3L / 100km. Thats not bad for a diesel that is so new. To be honest, it took at least 20,000 - 30,000km's in our other car (also diesel) to hit and even beat claimed fuel economy. But that engine might have been quite tight.

That GPS seems daft. I seriously hope they look into that! I ordered a ST so no sat nav for me..

Why would they put in such an outdated map is beyond me. Are they upgrading it for free? Or is it one of these weird mapping companies specific to Nissan?

Yeah, a bit beyond me too. Shouldn't be too hard to update, but you shouldn't need to update so soon anyways.

I bought a STX NP300 Navara, after driving both, I would prefer the Ranger engine, but in every other way I was more impressed with the Nav.
Cant wait for delivery in a weeks time.

I bought a STX NP300 Navara, after driving both, I would prefer the Ranger engine, but in every other way I was more impressed with the Nav.
Cant wait for delivery in a weeks time.

The NP300 really impressed me. TBH - I found the ranger engine good, but I preferred the overall refinement of the NP300 and how lag free it was.

What sort of deal did you get on your new STX?

My ST arrives in a week or two. (will be at the dealership this week, and probably ready for delivery next week after they fit the towbar etc)

There was a service advice update for dealers to change a bracket on the NP300 but it came out before the ute's had landed in the country so it's not a recall as the ute's hadn't made it the market.

As for the power it doesn't feel as powerful as stated above but it is a lot smoother and feels more like a supercharger as the small turbo gets rid of almost all the lag.

What deal did you get on your NP300?

The NP300 really impressed me. TBH - I found the ranger engine good, but I preferred the overall refinement of the NP300 and how lag free it was.

What sort of deal did you get on your new STX?

My ST arrives in a week or two. (will be at the dealership this week, and probably ready for delivery next week after they fit the towbar etc)

What deal did you get on your NP300?

$54,600 drive away with tow bar, mats, nudge bar, and bonnet protector.
The STX has more bling than Wildtrack but is much cheaper!
plus $200 extra for electric trailer brakes, the XLT Ranger was about $1400 less
but was a run out model with a lot less bling.

The ride on both were very different, the Ranger very stiff more like a truck, the Nav much nicer, I think the rear coil
springs make a noticeable difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back