What is this ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manxdune

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Can someone please let me know what this is.
The black and gold computer looking device with cooling fins.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_8132.jpg
    IMG_8132.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 267
i see the yellow holder is a fuse holder and going to positive power. maybe this is some brand of Electronic Anti-Rust protector.

Welcome to the forum.

It's definitely aftermarket. Could be a performance chip - I can't think of much else you'd plug in there (except for anti rust stuff, but that's low power and shouldn't require a heat sink). Take care if it's the "No Limits" variety unless you've got an EGT gauge (unlikely, actually, because the "No Limits" chips are so cheap they wouldn't bother with a heatsink, but you should still be careful with any performance chip).

Ok it has direct positive and negative wires to t either side of the battery and then a single black wire coming out and going to a common earth point in the engine bay.
The device has a led light on it but does not operate in any key position including when running the vehicle. Maybe it's died from the heat in the hot zone.
The only marking on the device is a black shield with lines through it. I thought it might be an electronic rust protection device but how can I tell if it's working without a led indication ? I have had the car 3 months now and it is the only thing non standard on the immaculate vehicle.
There are no part numbers or further details on the device.

Your help is appreciated,

Thanks James

Sounds like a "rust prevention device" from that description. Whether they actually work or not is a highly contested subject, but I'd say it is kaput if there are no lights working on it.

I agree with the above. Definitely sounds like a rust inhibitor. The heatsink is probably for show - you wouldn't want a rust inhibitor that drew so much power that it needed a heatsink to shed the excess heat!

Latest posts

Back