Fast Flasher

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennBenn

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any one knows why, for no apparent reason, the left blinker is flashing at double speed on my D40? There are no blown globes and no accessories recently installed. I pulled the connections out of the “Jesus box” (mounted in front of the battery) , all that did was stop power getting to the front and rear blinkers but the one in the mirror and the arrow on the dash was still flashing at double speed. Would it be a faulty flasher? If so where is it (I can’t see it under the dash)
Any advice would be appreciated.

I think the left and right would use the same flasher unit? If they do and it's only happening on one side then it can't be the flasher unit.

Maybe double check all globes, also reseat them?

Fast flashing is definately an indication of a blown globe, reseating may fix a dodgy connection.

I think the left and right would use the same flasher unit? If they do and it's only happening on one side then it can't be the flasher unit.

Maybe double check all globes, also reseat them?

Fast flashing is definately an indication of a blown globe, reseating may fix a dodgy connection.

Thank Jason,
I just reseated all the globes, left and right, but didn't fix the problem.

No, I haven't done a thing. One minute they where working fine then they just started going fast on the left side. Do you know if one of the two little relays (I think that’s what they are) mounted in front of the battery would be the problem?

Im going to have a stab in the dark here and guess you have a bullbar. the relays are connected in parrallell to the globe in the bullbar and the globe in the headlight is a switched globe from the relay. Check the globe in your bullbar

Don't know if it will help but when i plugged my tow bar harness in mine done the same thing i unplugged it and plugged it back in and now it works normally.

i would put new globes in and clean the globe holder and see what happens, the car obviously thinks a bulb has blown

did you find a fix for this??? mine just started flashing like that for no apparent reason as well

Hi Bob
Yes I did fix this. It was quite embarrassing. Turned out Aussie Frontier was right.
I didn’t stand back fare enough to see the bulbar blinker was blown.
P.S Thanks to you all for your help

Latest posts

Back