Navara D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason-navara

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum and thought id post up my Nav

Nissan Navara D22 3.0Lt TURBO Diesel.
Picked this vehicle up in December 2010 about 3 weeks before Christmas, had 130XXX kms on the clock, was completely standard, i did a trip down to becs grand parents place in a little country town call Walcha near Tamworth NSW. I kept a KM Reading and worked out when i got back she averaged about 8.9L per hundred over a 1380Km Trip, was very happy with how it performed however the Suspension is in need of some urgent attention

Mods so far
EFS 45mm Suspension Lift
TJM T15 Steel Winch Bar
TJM 9500lb Ox Winch
TJM Airtec Snorkel (was fitted when i purchased vehicle)
IPF HID Spot Lights
GME 4400 UHF
Allied 16"rims with Cooper ST 265/75.
2.5Inch mandrel bent exhaust sytem but a 3inch mandrel bent exhaust with a 3inch dump pipe is on its way

mods to come
Canopy with internal Frames and 2.5M Awning
Dual Battery System
Outback Twin Roller Draw System
Rear Step Towbar
Fingers crossed some custom Sliders
Rear Airlocker

Attachments

• Navara.jpg
    Navara.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 21,451
  • Navara1.jpg
    Navara1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 977
g'day jason (another jason with a silver D22)

got a good start on the mods already! Whats wrong with the suspension? Too stiff?

no the standard the suspension was too soft, like on my trip i found i was hitting the bump stops alot on the front, thats why i went for the suspension, made such a difference to the vehicle as in its drivebility.

haha, thanks guys on average (and im not pulling your leg) around town which is 22kms from home to work i average about 660-680kms before my fuel light comes on and i fill up around the 700km mark and do a quick sum up in my head and on average its always around the 9.4 to 9.7lt per hundred, but i was very happy with the 8.9 over the 1380km trip.

my previous car was a Nissan Patrol GQ Petrol i had every accessory i could buy and the best i could get was like 18-20lt per hundred so this is much better

g'day jason (another jason with a silver D22)

got a good start on the mods already! Whats wrong with the suspension? Too stiff?

Yeah but this guy has the man's engine, the big block.

Not the girly 2.5L. Haha.

Welcome mate.

dual battery parts have showed up so i will get stuck into that in a couple of weeks, going for a drive to toowoomba on sunday to collect a canopy :big_smile:

so a sports bar and tonneau cover will be forsale soon :wink:

Last edited:
Welcome Jason,

Neat d22. Bad looks like you have put some hard earned into it.

Where are you located? Brisbane, Sydney, etc?

I mite be interested in your 2.5" mandrel system if you change your to a 3". My existing is 2.5" but pressed bends and its still sort of restricting. I was thinking of buying a bunch of mandrel bends off eBay and cutting the pressed sections out and MIG the new bits in, but it may be a lil to much effort. In saying that only if your southside of Brisbane :)

Welcome Jason,

Neat d22. Bad looks like you have put some hard earned into it.

Where are you located? Brisbane, Sydney, etc?

I mite be interested in your 2.5" mandrel system if you change your to a 3". My existing is 2.5" but pressed bends and its still sort of restricting. I was thinking of buying a bunch of mandrel bends off eBay and cutting the pressed sections out and MIG the new bits in, but it may be a lil to much effort. In saying that only if your southside of Brisbane :)

thanks Rusty

located in brisbane on the northside however, it shouldnt be a problem to keep my old exhaust, its from cat back, it should be going in next week if all goes to plan, i will keep you posted.

Last edited:
hi guys its been awhile since ive posted in this thread, not much has changed to the car since the canopy,

i have a question

who on here does or knows people that do sliders for these cars, my mate that was going to do it doesnt know when he will be able to do it, due to work, i know bolsy's do them but is there anyone else???

hi guys its been awhile since ive posted in this thread, not much has changed to the car since the canopy,

i have a question

who on here does or knows people that do sliders for these cars, my mate that was going to do it doesnt know when he will be able to do it, due to work, i know bolsy's do them but is there anyone else???

mate scottybobcat does them for our utes.

try searching his thread. Sliders interests or something it is called

my partner and i went out and brought an SLR Camera so we took some photos,

this is my favourite one

Attachments

• navara12.jpg
    navara12.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 275
ive just noticed a few things have changed since i last updated,

the nav has now got Dick Cepek 265/75 Tyres, internal canopy racks with 2.5m Awning, i did a trip to my grandparents place a couple months back so i put a couple HID lightforce lights on the roof because i was driving at night and wanted more light, such a difference having the extra spread, i have fitted a catch can as well, its just a cheap one but i didnt run the line from the can back to the engine, its hiding :wink:

here is an older photo from probably a month or so back

Attachments

• navara11.jpg
    navara11.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back