What mileage are you getting from your tyres?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
Same tyre here to. Only 30K on them but have a fair bit more meat on them than Tony's. Gotta be happy with that.

Don't want to start a tyre debate but I believe the Hankook AT-M is a very under rated tyre that's as good as most very well known more expensive brands.

I have Bridgestone AT D697 in 275/65/17 and they are wearing well. They have about 30k on them and lots of tread left

I'm running Mickey Thompson atz's had them on for about 35k still got about 65% tread left. Absolutely love them
Cheers Deano

I havent done a heap of mileage but on maxxis bravo 980 AT I have done 15k and they look brand new

^ Same here. Maybe 15k, Maxxis 980. Still brand new, although you cant really guage tyre wear this early on.
But they really are a magic tyre, they do everything perfect. Very happy with them.
Previously had Cooper Max's - put maybe 50k on them they were down to maybe 50% but scalloped in weird ways and real loud, not to mention on-road grip had completely gone to shit.

I,m on my second set of cooper st maxx. I got 75000 km out of my first set, I live out in the sticks, so it's a real mix of highway and single lane asphalt roads, and a lot and I mean a lot of gravel roads. So for me these have been a great aggressive all terrain tyre

Federal couragia m/t's pretty much brand new still after about 10,000.
I run road tyres aswell tho so its going to be difficult to keep track of km's.

Attachments

• 20160526_123332.jpg
    20160526_123332.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 255
Now another 10,000K's on the AT-M's (40,000) since the last post. About 50%. Still quiet but there going hard tho. Wet weather traction nowhere near as good as it use to be.

very impressive, what pressure do you run and are they still quite tyres?

Not as quiet as they were new but no tyre ever is, hardly noticeable.
I am running 36psi.
I have noticed that you have to watch out a bit more in wet conditions as they are starting to get hard but I also tow a trailer everyday so I have to be careful in the wet anyway.

Just clocked up 100 000 kms on these Hankook Dynapro AT-M's.
Still quiet and wearing evenly.
5mm of tread left before it gets to the limit marks.

http://www.navara.asia/attachment.php?attachmentid=21752&stc=1&d=1464248617

That's pretty amazing. Whats your wheel rotation regimen? Lefet to right? Front to back? diagonal? Or one then the other? Or all five in rotation? And how often?

Im trying to figure out what the best way is - my latest set of tyres i got five with the idea of picking a direction - say clockwise and rotating them clockwise as often as possible. Or does that make it worse? sometimes i think rotating too much makes them wear faster.

That's pretty amazing. Whats your wheel rotation regimen? Lefet to right? Front to back? diagonal? Or one then the other? Or all five in rotation? And how often?

Im trying to figure out what the best way is - my latest set of tyres i got five with the idea of picking a direction - say clockwise and rotating them clockwise as often as possible. Or does that make it worse? sometimes i think rotating too much makes them wear faster.

I used to rotate every 10 000 when the tyres were new but lately it's more like every 20 000. Usually when I notice there is a bit of uneven wear on the outer edges of the front tyres I do a rotation.
I swap front to back more often and did the diagonal thing maybe twice. No real routine.
Never went clockwise or anti clockwise.
I only have ever rotated 4 tyres as the spare is still the factory tyre.

I have also had only one wheel alignment between the initial one when the tyres were fitted and now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back