New D40 (to me) - 2009 model - largest tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
Hi all

Have just purchased a second hand 2009 Nissan Navara ST-X D40 Auto 4x4 Dual Cab.

I am just wondering what the biggest tyres I can fit without any kind of lift and with no rubbing.

Thanks!!!
Agent009

Thanks john.

Would that be 265/75/16 or 265/70/17

And would the wheels be 16x8 or 17x8 (depending on which tyre above I go with)? What should the offset be?

Thanks

The sizes I quoted were to suit a 16 inch rim, I was assuming you were replacing the tyres on the standard alloy rims. The most common aftermarket replacement is in the Sunny type rim would be 16-8 with around +10 offset. That will accomodate a 285/75r16 further down the track with some suspension work.

Technically it’s a tad under 32 but near enough. As long as your front end isn’t badly sagged it should be fine. You can always give the mudflaps a trim if need be.

265/75/16 fit the standard or near standard D40 perfectly for offroad

one of my mates got 285/75/16 goodyear duratracs on his slightly lifted D40, with a bit of guard chopping
it looks brilliant and is great offroad but it sucks a bit of grunt because they are huge tyres

if youre not going offroad much 275/70/16 is the go, the rolling diameter isnt too big and because theyre so wide they make the thing stick to the road like a wrx

Thanks Czechmate.

So are you saying 275/70/16 will fit WITHOUT a lift?

And this is recommended over 265/75/16 ? (I will only be doing the occasional dirt road and beach trip)

Im pretty sure 275 70 16s will fit without a lift.
The stock tyres on earlier d40 STX are 255 70 16

My advice is to compare the rolling diameter of each tyre

On the Toyo website you go to the tyre you're looking at then click on "download product data sheet"

The outside diameter is listed there as "inflated dim. O.D"

This gives you the best idea of different tyres actual diameter within the guards

Mud terrains are usually a little larger diameter for their size, but generally the diameter for one tyre format ie toyo AT2 275 70 16 will be the same as for any AT in any brand at that size, or close enough to not matter

Latest posts

Back