ZD30 sluggish on hot days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy360

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Adelaide's been having a constant run of high 30's low 40's weather the past few weeks and I've been noticing my Navara has been really struggling.

It's usually fine for the first half an hour or so of driving, but it slowly seems to lose power to the point I'm downshifting to 4th on flat roads just to stay at 110km/h.

My boost gauge is reading the same hot and cold, my temp gauge doesn't move from 1/2

My fan clutch doesn't sound like it's stuck engaged.

Is this normal for a ZD30 in hot weather or should I be concerned?

If it isn't intercooled, it will be the excessive intake air temperature. The cooler the air charge, the more bang you get out of it as there is more oxygen content in it than if it is hot. The problem with the stock zd30 is, it isn't intercooled. The temperature of the air coming out of the turbo is not as dense as it would be if it had an intercooler.

Either water injection or an intercooler is the only thing that will help you.

It shouldn't happen! My guess would be that something is clogged up in the exhaust/manifold somewhere & the ECU is getting confused with the info from the sensors, and cutting fuel/air to compensate.

Not the same engine, I know, but my YD25 actually runs harder in this heat.

how much fuel is in the tank?
if there is not much fuel it could be fuel is getting to hot and ecu is changing timing.

Latest posts

Back