D22 Fuel filter plunger issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just had the same issue with my 2010 d22, primer not sucking properly. Fixed it by pulling off the new fuel filter and filled it full of diesel, put it back on and pressed the primer a couple of times, all good. Started up the motor and it ran like a kitten.

anyone know how to run the pump in the tank independently ..I think it looks for the crankshaft sensor to see if the motor is running before it continues to run

Not sure what you mean Gazza. The diesels don't have a pump in the tank. Just the fuel level float and fuel pickup and return lines.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

ah, sorry I was under the impression that they had a low pressure pickup pump from the tank to feed the high pressure pump up near the motor ?

are you saying the high pressure pump does all the drawing from the tank as well ?

ah, sorry I was under the impression that they had a low pressure pickup pump from the tank to feed the high pressure pump up near the motor ?

are you saying the high pressure pump does all the drawing from the tank as well ?
yes, it sucks the fuel up from the tank. thats why the fuel filter can effect injection pressure.

Thats a great idea but is this rubber compatable with deisel fuel also being under the bonnet this pumper might get rather warm and could perish . hope all is good though.

Latest posts

Back