no lights in ac / heater

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
the lights in my ac / heater unit no longer light up, it use to go out but after i tap it or play with the fan speed control etc they would come on, but now nothing. anyone know why? if its a blown bulb how do you get in to change it?
cheers

Could be a loose globe if tapping it made it work, or it could have eventually blown.

I'm not up on the D22 interior but I'd imagine the job involves pulling out the center console (around the radio) and either gaining access to or pulling out the panel that holds the switches. There is a few threads in the D22 section relating to pulling out the head unit, maybe you could start with those and check into gaining access to that control panel. Downloading the manual might also help because it will have a section for lights and tell you where they are and how to replace them.

It will be a blown globe mate.pull the main facia off.There are 2 screws on the under face of the facia under the vents.Take them out and pull the facia off.It has clips on it aswell so you will need a little force to pull it off.You will see the 4 screws to undo the heater control.Take the screws out and you will be able to access the globe.Dont pull it out to far because your wiring with a plug and your heater control cables are attached to it.Change the globe and reverse the procedure.Cheers Scotty

my air con switch light doesnt work is there a bulb in that

That's the information I'm looking for too. My ventilation controls are illuminated, but the A/C button doesn't light up when pressed.

I've pulled the fascia off and removed the heater control panel. I am able to remove the white wiring plug, but can't access the bulb. I prised off the button and I can see a tiny bulb in there, but can't for the life of me work out how to get to it. I think I'll have to remove the A/C pushbutton mech from the heater control panel, but it's not obvious how to do it.

my A/C light also doesn't light up. Noticed it the other day and thought it must never of lit up from the start. Now you have changed that view. Let me know how you go changing the bulb and what type of bulb it is. thanks

Its easy to fix, pull off the panel around the stereo etc.

You have to pull off the knobs for the AC controls etc. A few screws from memory and then you need small hands to access the globe.

Put a LED in as you'll never have to touch it again.

small hands eh, my 3 yr old would eat it after he pulls it out for me.

Its fiddly, just pop the globe holder out and then remove the old and put in the new LED globe.

I don't think it's quite that simple Dave. I've got the heater unit out (as far as the cables will allow) but there's no obvious access to the bulb behind the A/C button. I can remove the electrical plug/clip but the switch itself stays put.

It's still in pieces so I'll "have a girl look" (married members will know what I'm talking about) tomorrow morning again.

haha not the girl look. So sick of hearing that, so few weeks ago i hid something and when she couldn't find it and then when she had look for a few minutes i went to help...boy look style ;)

I don't think it's quite that simple Dave. I've got the heater unit out (as far as the cables will allow) but there's no obvious access to the bulb behind the A/C button. I can remove the electrical plug/clip but the switch itself stays put.

It's still in pieces so I'll "have a girl look" (married members will know what I'm talking about) tomorrow morning again.

I changed the globe in mine like 2 years ago.

From memory, I wouldn't say its hard to do.

Well, I got the button out. When the 'girl look' didn't work I used dumb male force and now it's out.
Bad news is the replacement bulb costs $10.22.
I'm investigating cheaper LED options and I'll post photos of how I did it when the jobs finished

Oops

Well, don't do what I did.

The button is supposed to come out front ways. I forced it out backwards coz I couldn't see any other way. (I still can't)

I replaced the bulb with an LED and resistor - which is such a faff... I wouldn't recommend it. Next time, I'd just buy the damn Nissan bulb for $10.23 and be done with it.

Because I pushed the button out backwards, it's now disappeared back into the heater controls. Whatever was holding it in place isn't doing it's thing anymore.

I'm just going to buy an illuminated button for the dashboard now.

Wasted SOOOO much time on this.

Have you checked whether your tail lights are still working? my 08 stx has a kind of indicator it your instrument lights are out then your tail lights fuse is blown.

AC control panel light

Followed the thread took 2 mins to complete. Jaycar stock the led replacement bulbs $1.40.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_3955.jpg
    IMG_3955.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 306
I have a problem with my light behind the ac controls, mine flashes intermittently which is probably a loose wire, but also my park lights flash, could they be related?
If so where do I start to fix it?

Latest posts

Back