Sports Mode in STX550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiezzy

Reaction score
hello to all again hope this question does not sound to silly
but this is the very first Automatic I have ever owned today I discovered Sports mode what is this mode used for I love it holds the gears much longer and is very responsive can this be used for normal driving ?or should you not use it all the time sorry if this sounds funny
thanks in advance
cheers Pete

Ok I just went through the owners Manual and the is nothing on this Ds gear selection not even sure if it is called sports mode just when you shift the leaver over to manual + OR - the Ds comes up on the dash it still works in automatic and if you hit + you can see the gear you are in just want to know if this Ds is specifically designed for towing or can you use it normally with out damaging the transmission many thanks cheers Pete
oh BTW its a 2011 stx550 7 speed auto 3 ltr V6 Turbo Diesel

Last edited:
You can use it normally. It will still upshift on its own when in low range apparently, according to reports on this forum. No-one has found a fix the last I saw in here for that, but I believe it works OK in 2wd...

thanks Bods much appreciated funny you mentioned that about in low range in 4WD I read something about that as well a while back you just jolted my memory and I went out to a dirt track with quite a step hill and mine seemed to hold in sports mode it held in 2=second gear till i got to the bottom but anyway I have been using Ds mode just driving around town but if I am out on the freeway I slip it into D as I think in Ds mode it does not go into 7th gear
thanks again Bods

Latest posts

Back