remap vs chip?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i`ve heard alot about dp chips etc and alittle about remapping, but was wondering what the differances are real world, cheers bever

Hey bever, you have a zd30 or 2.5l? I can vouch for the East Coast Performance remap for the zd30. $450 as I recall and I am stoked for the money! Can't speak for the chips though

it`s a 2.5, i chatted with them and they seem pretty good, did you pick up much of the mark performance? mine is a slug off the line towing...

Yeah it is definitely better. Still a bit of lag of course but a huge improvement overall.
Here are a couple of pics showing the improvement as measured by my Ulysses app
2902e6bfde44a424048b7722985a9b8d.jpg

i guess it`s still no 13 second truck! , the 0-60 is a great improvement, nice (((-; i love your stereo, is it as good as it looks? cheers bever

Yeah it has made a massive difference. Don't mind the quarter mile time, I only accelerated to 100.
The stereo is an Android head unit and is OK. Newer ones are better now. Mine has a memory partition of 2gb for apps so doesn't do all I want. I tried running HEMA on it but I can't seem to move map storage to sd card. I can control my phone through the head unit though so I use that for the HEMA app. Otherwise it is fine, Bluetooth connectivity is great, radio works well
I would look for one with 2gig ram now and Android 7

I've done both over the years, a chip on a 3ltr Patrol and a remap on my D23 twin turbo. I prefer the remap. I wasn't that impressed with the chip and had to limit boost and closely watch the turbo temp on the 3ltr when towing.

Latest posts

Back